Newcastle (H) Pre Match Thread

City v Newcastle prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thirdly, I am at the Etihad on Saturday but I am a little concerned its my 9 year olds first away game and I have heard some stories that it was nasty in the ground when we visited in Jan- Coin throwing etc? And also a fair few scuffles outside? I have been a couple of times before and it's been passionate but never over the top? We are travelling by bus and I seem to remember there is a fence where busses park around us Any advice....
If you're on a coach, it will park in a secure area, if you stay in there you won't see any trouble, if you venture out, keep colours hidden, and similarly you won't have any trouble either. Like any clubs we have a few idiots, but its a tiny number in 50,000 people. I sit close to the away fans, and haven't seen or heard about any coin throwing, but I can't say for certain that there wasn't. I'm sure you'll be fine, and your 9 year old will have a good day out, football apart hopefully.

Newcastle Fan In Peace.....

Firstly, Just watched all of the MCFC documentary on Amazon and I thought it was fantastic. I don't think any other club would have done it that well. Pep is a master! In the Bobby Robson documentary he talks about writing Bobby a letter asking to come and play for Newcastle!

Secondly, We will defend Rafa's team selections are baffling. The system against Chelsea worked well and on another day we would have picked up a point. He wont' change his outlook. It's not good to watch but we just need to survive.

Thirdly, I am at the Etihad on Saturday but I am a little concerned its my 9 year olds first away game and I have heard some stories that it was nasty in the ground when we visited in Jan- Coin throwing etc? And also a fair few scuffles outside? I have been a couple of times before and it's been passionate but never over the top? We are travelling by bus and I seem to remember there is a fence where busses park around us Any advice....

Good luck for the season and don't let Liverpool, Spurs or United win the leagUe FFS!
The away fans are split over three tiers at the edge of the stand behind the goal. The away end tends to get filled from the front to the back. Those at the front are sandwiched between home fans to the right and left and there will be more 'aggression' and 'verbals' there because you're closer to the home fans. About 2-3 years ago I used to sit near the away end and I can remember isolated incidents of coins being thrown but trouble is really rare. If you're in Tier 2, or 3 (3rd tier is optional depending on size of visiting support) dismiss the chances of bother. If you're in Tier 1 there's a chance you could be sat near home fans and you could find yourself in between mouthy home and away fans. There are lines of stewards as you'd expect. I think in Level 2, the block next to you is a Corporate section. I have Never seen any trouble at all in Level 2 or 3. Only incidents are isolated and tend to be in Level 1 near the bottom where away fans and home fans are close together.

I think City is one of the best grounds in the country and Newcastle fans are well thought of by City fans so I'd be surprised if you have any problems. Against Huddersfield there were 3,000 away fans and they all wore their colours in Manchester and many walked to the ground and back side by side with City fans. It's really rare to see any scuffles or aggro. The only times I go to the ground vigilant are when we play Utd or the Merseyside clubs.

If you're on a coach, it will park in a secure area, if you stay in there you won't see any trouble, if you venture out, keep colours hidden, and similarly you won't have any trouble either. Like any clubs we have a few idiots, but its a tiny number in 50,000 people. I sit close to the away fans, and haven't seen or heard about any coin throwing, but I can't say for certain that there wasn't. I'm sure you'll be fine, and your 9 year old will have a good day out, football apart hopefully.
I usually see away fans strolling around the ground and City Square in shirts, they never seem to get any problems, as you say there will be a few idiots but can't say I've seen it in the immediate vicinity of the stadium.

bernardo has been one of our best players this season,think he will go with the line up that spanked hudderfield, newcastle will defo park the bus.

Agree. Foden should be on the bench and be used in the last 20 if we are winning. We cannot assume we will batter them and have to gradually introduce him. He still makes mistakes and with time on the pitch will improve but I wouldn't start him yet. Keep giving him minutes so he can be in a position to start should we need to rotate more once the CL starts up. We will need him this season with De Bruyne injured. We missed De Bruyne on Saturday - he would have helped control the game more and created that match winning chance. I really rate Foden but even Sane and Mahrez are seeing the bench this season such is the strength of our squad.

i dont agree with this and think it's a lazy stereotype
Yes, seconded. Newcastle do have 'istory, legendary players like Jackie Milburn, football geniuses like David Ginola, the KK team that should have won the league, and back in the day they were one of the first clubs to have South American players when they had the Robledo brothers. (But I'd still take Sunderland over them first.)

Surely time to give Mahrez and Sane a chance in what should be a comfortable home fixture

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy

Fern

Mahrez
D.Silva
Bernardo
Sane

Aguero

I usually see away fans strolling around the ground and City Square in shirts, they never seem to get any problems, as you say there will be a few idiots but can't say I've seen it in the immediate vicinity of the stadium.
Yes I agree, but a sensible precaution with a young one, especially as its their first away game. I think these days if you want trouble you really need to go and find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.