Newcastle (H) Pre Match Thread

City v Newcastle prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually do well in the 5.30 kickoffs and Sergio loves playing against Newcastle, 5-0 City.

My guess:

Ederson, Stones, Otamendi, Laporte, Walker, Fernandinho, Mendy, Bernardo, Silva, Aguero, Jesus
Subs: Muric, Kompany, Delph, Gundogan, Sane, Sterling, Mahrez

3-0

Tends to be Aguero v Barcodes this one.

Just wish McClaren still managed them. Benitez will have them well organised and be content with 10% possession.

Hard fought 3-1 to City is my guess. Not got a scooby what team he will go with.

A repeat of the Huddersfield game coming up but Newcastle are a lot better than Huddersfield. Chelsea probably deserved to beat them, but it did take a late o.g to do it and Hazard was at his best that day. I hope City aren't complacent...after the Huddersfield game they might be.

Benitez's Newcastle are well practised on the blanket defence. I don't like the 3 at the back but it might be useful against Newcastle. Even two central defenders will be wasted. I think we should play with one defender and two quick full backs who can snuff out any counter attacks.

I'd also have Sane and Mahrez as our best two one on one players with Jesus up front

--------------Ederson
---------------Stones
Walker------------------Mendy
-------Silva----Fern----Silva
-----Mahrez---Jesus----Sane

Huddersfield couldn't get out and got pinned back. I think same thing could happen with Newcastle. Get an early goal and hammer them.

Is my team too attacking? This side should be able to stretch them and get to byline for the pull-backs.

A repeat of the Huddersfield game coming up but Newcastle are a lot better than Huddersfield. Chelsea probably deserved to beat them, but it did take a late o.g to do it and Hazard was at his best that day. I hope City aren't complacent...after the Huddersfield game they might be.

Benitez's Newcastle are well practised on the blanket defence. I don't like the 3 at the back but it might be useful against Newcastle. Even two central defenders will be wasted. I think we should play with one defender and two quick full backs who can snuff out any counter attacks.

I'd also have Sane and Mahrez as our best two one on one players with Jesus up front

--------------Ederson
---------------Stones

Huddersfield couldn't get out and got pinned back. I think same thing could happen with Newcastle. Get an early goal and hammer them.

Is my team too attacking? This side should be able to stretch them and get to byline for the pull-backs.
Glad you are nowhere near picking the team. Don't give up the day job yet.

--------------Ederson
---------------Stones

Newcastle are no great shakes, but I think we should probably still pick eleven players for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.