Newcastle (H) - Sun 8th May, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Eddie Howe.

He's got a shit record against us, but I don't think that's properly representative of him as a manager.

Kept Bournemouth in the league with very little by way of resources, and has manoeuvred Newcastle away from relegation with what looks like some astute decisions and good man-management.

His downfall against us with Bournemouth was always a little naivete, keeping pushing forward with the attacking football, not having the players to finish clinically or defend the space they were leaving in behind.

I love to see a young manager making his way in football, learning and improving. But I hope and believe Pep will continue to outsmart him today.

Nothing's ever certain, it's why we love the game, but we really should be beating these.

People think he’s been rotating his squad perfectly, but it’s starting to show who he thinks his strongest line up is, with Matip & Jota the two players looking the most vulnerable. Jota’s form has suffered badly & he’s lost that confidence in front of goal, imagine rocking up & displacing Firminio then being gazumped by another player. Matip has been patchy. The substitution of Robertson was a sign he needs a rest & Englands fifth choice RB’s form is dropping off the cliff, with him just smashing the ball in the box & hoping for the best. Thiago looks like he’s been overplayed too. Their midweek line up is gonna be very interesting indeed as it looks like they are running out of ‘Puff’, a little later in the season than usual but it’s starting to happen again
I thought TAA was especially poor yesterday ... going forward his crossing looked like he'd closed his eyes ... while defensively he pretty much let Kane do what he wanted in the build-up to Spurs' goal.

Although of course, he always does play a percentages game - he gave the ball away more times than anyone in the PL last season, mostly due to his endless crossing.

This feels like the big one, a chance to get over the chumps league hangover. Everyone should be up for it now the dips have dropped points. I agree, win today and I think we win the league. If I was a betting man I’d have my money on us putting 4 past them tbh

After the punch in the balls on Wednesday, the game of association rules football can offer you a chance to redeem yourself. Come on City, let’s grind the horse punchers into the ground and make the Scouse vermin and their enablers in the press regret wanking themselves off about a quadruple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.