Newcastle (H) - Ticket Office Protest

CarlosTevez'sEnglishTutor

Team supported
Manchester City
Calling all blues, seasoncard holders included, to stand with your fellow matchgoing supporters and protest against the Ticket Office's new policy of overriding the loyalty points system. Ideas welcome, but I suggest a peaceful meet out the front of the Ticket Office and banners in the stadium. Perhaps the 1894 Group or City Matters could assist or raise this through the appropriate channels.

It happened for Real Madrid (H) and now releasing all home league tickets in one swoop with no loyalty points criteria breakdown, which practically means that any non-seasoncard holder with potentially thousands of loyalty points cannot attend Premier League games this season. This doesn't affect me as a seasoncard holder, but is affecting thousands of blues with years and decades of previous sales history. We cannot stand for this and let longstanding fellow supporters be shafted in favour of open sale and black market sales. How long until this becomes the norm for all cup games and even away games?

Any club would swap their position for ours on the pitch and by way of ownership, but longstanding fans are being treated like dirt. We cannot just stand by and let our club be lost to the masses. Do they expect the same uptake post-Pep? The DNA of our club have been alienated and left behind and the club need to be shown that we will not tolerate this. The radio silence on the Istanbul debacle speaks volumes, but we will leave that as a separate discussion.

Thanks, and I hope we can gain some traction on this.

I might stand against the fact that I can't get tickets online for Fulham for me and the kids, despite the fact that we all have memberships. Friends and family isn't working, the ticket office and booking systems are shit and the club don't give a shit about us legacy fans. Not going to bother renewing all our memberships next year. What's the point?

What is your alternative? Every game is sold like an away game with criteria?

If it was down to me, I'd propose the following:-
  • Release home league games say 6-8 weeks before once the TV companies have confirmed kick-off times.
  • Stagger sales over a 3-4 day period to non-seasoncard holders using the loyalty points system.
  • Perhaps hold back a percentage for kids & accompanying adult/new cityzen matchday members/open sale.
  • Remaining tickets to be sold via the ticket exchange, of which we were instructed was introduced for this purpose, when we all know the club use it to sell at inflated prices to third party sellers.

Loyalty points!
+ Release them once TV times have been decided. No other permier league teams do this afaik.

It's a pain in the arse, I can't do Friday or Monday night fixtures due to work, but I've just got to roll the dice here and hope I get fortunate with whatever matches I get.

I don't understand why they've done this for years. Even when interest rates were on the floor. Can't argue money up front as it doesn't really benefit them if they're not getting any return by getting it three months earlier than usual.

Just screws fans over for very little gain.

Hasn’t it been like this for a long time?

They always released all tickets for members to buy before the season starts, obviously they are holding out the second part of the season but this has been normal procedure right?

• Release home league games say 6-8 weeks before once the TV companies have confirmed kick-off times.
  • Stagger sales over a 3-4 day period to non-seasoncard holders using the loyalty points system.
  • Perhaps hold back a percentage for kids & accompanying adult/new cityzen matchday members/open sale.
  • Remaining tickets to be sold via the ticket exchange, of which we were instructed was introduced for this purpose, when we all know the club use it to sell at inflated prices to third party sellers.
This is the sensible (and obvious) approach. Boggles the mind why they don't do it this way, it actually makes no sense to me unless they literally don't give a shit about the match going fans.

That's the solution!

Hasn’t it been like this for a long time?

They always released all tickets for members to buy before the season starts, obviously they are holding out the second part of the season but this has been normal procedure right?
About 5 years now I think? Certainly wasnt always like this since I moved away a decade ago. I used to go a lot more games back in my first few years down south. Last few seasons I've managed to pick up tickets to the smaller games a month or two in advance once TV games were decided. I've still complained regardless.

But this year with every game looking to sell out instantly it puts anyone who has to travel or can't make certain days in a shit situation. So I'm complaining louder this year.

And don't even get me started on the prices. £61 to watch us play Wolves?! Come on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.