Newcastle (H) - Ticket Office Protest

If it was down to me, I'd propose the following:-
  • Release home league games say 6-8 weeks before once the TV companies have confirmed kick-off times.
  • Stagger sales over a 3-4 day period to non-seasoncard holders using the loyalty points system.
  • Perhaps hold back a percentage for kids & accompanying adult/new cityzen matchday members/open sale.
  • Remaining tickets to be sold via the ticket exchange, of which we were instructed was introduced for this purpose, when we all know the club use it to sell at inflated prices to third party sellers.

This alone is a big one for me.

A LOT of games aren't going to go ahead at 3pm Saturday as advertised yet they're still selling them.

Reactions: PPT
Football fans are easy to please. A lot is common sense, clear communication, understanding of needs, and the feeling that loyalty is being rewarded. City regularly fail in all of these areas off the pitch.

I have a good career but the sad part is that several people are making these decisions at City whilst earning a small fortune. The fans have been alienated and we need to get our foot down and back each other. Plenty want to mouth off at other blues and the football authorities, but we have the power to create change within our club, let's do exactly that and take back some control.

Why isn't Kevin Cummings and The OCS leading the way on matters like this ?

It appears to me that most of the sensible, practicle and fair suggestions come from long standing grass roots fans.

Parts of the club remain so out of touch with matter that affect fans and the ticket policy is top of the list.

I thought that Mike Summerbee and Andy Morrison had fan ambassador roles ?

It appears to me that most of the sensible, practicle and fair suggestions come from long standing grass roots fans.

Parts of the club remain so out of touch with matter that affect fans and the ticket policy is top of the list.

Thanks for raising. I certainly welcome anybody to point me in the right direction and I will raise with these people and/or mention it if I attend the next OSC AGM. My view would be that this goes above the OSC and directly to City. I'll do some research into the roles and get some emails sent.

Bluemoon is looked at from afar by influential employees of the club, without doubt. It's also a good social tool for a large part of our core fanbase to discuss these issues. Voting with our feet is probably the best option here though rather than hiding behind emails. It's worked at other top clubs, and I'm not talking about those balloons at the Swamp barracading the Megastore doors.

Via Alex the staff matters rep, they claim they have never used points for selling home tickets, only used attendance to stop away fans buying.

However we know points were used from day one in 2003.

I didn't realise they did points for league games to be fair?

I thought it was something like:

Cityzens members first window then after about 2 weeks anyone with a membership number, then general sale and last few years they had all gone on sale before season starts?

I didn't realise they did points for league games to be fair?

I thought it was something like:

Cityzens members first window then after about 2 weeks anyone with a membership number, then general sale and last few years they had all gone on sale before season starts?

That's the point though, it's gradually become less restrictive to buy tickets, yet uptake has increased year on year with our sustained success. Which now leads to a free-for-all and the site crashing every time. This isn't about IT though, it's about longstanding fans being bypassed unless they have a seasoncard. This would not wash at any other top club.

You mean Parker?
Cummings is probably too busy moaning on Twitter about people using his Joy Division photos :)

Calling all blues, seasoncard holders included, to stand with your fellow matchgoing supporters and protest against the Ticket Office's new policy of overriding the loyalty points system. Ideas welcome, but I suggest a peaceful meet out the front of the Ticket Office and banners in the stadium. Perhaps the 1894 Group or City Matters could assist or raise this through the appropriate channels.

It happened for Real Madrid (H) and now releasing all home league tickets in one swoop with no loyalty points criteria breakdown, which practically means that any non-seasoncard holder with potentially thousands of loyalty points cannot attend Premier League games this season. This doesn't affect me as a seasoncard holder, but is affecting thousands of blues with years and decades of previous sales history. We cannot stand for this and let longstanding fellow supporters be shafted in favour of open sale and black market sales. How long until this becomes the norm for all cup games and even away games?

Any club would swap their position for ours on the pitch and by way of ownership, but longstanding fans are being treated like dirt. We cannot just stand by and let our club be lost to the masses. Do they expect the same uptake post-Pep? The DNA of our club have been alienated and left behind and the club need to be shown that we will not tolerate this. The radio silence on the Istanbul debacle speaks volumes, but we will leave that as a separate discussion.

Thanks, and I hope we can gain some traction on this.
Just one point it isn't a new policy happened about 6 years ago. Still it does need sorting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.