Newcastle (H) - Ticket Office Protest

Via Alex the staff matters rep, they claim they have never used points for selling home tickets, only used attendance to stop away fans buying.

However we know points were used from day one in 2003.
They need to use points going forward, today was a sh*t show.

I know they don't adopt this approach in order to sell more memberships annually.

I'd argue are they not p*ssing new fans off by selling a £35 membership for them then to be able to use for most games because they've sold that many memberships?

Last edited:
I thought it was only away tickets you needed the loyalty points criteria for? I hadn't realised that it had applied to home tickets as well.
How do they actually allocate home tickets? Just put it up for a free for all or Citizen card holders first, then match day holder cards, then anyone else?

Rightly or wrongly, I can’t see anyway they are going to go back to using points criteria for home games.

The main selling point of the £35 membership is that you will….

“Be the first to access tickets for all home matches, across Premier League and Cup competitions.”

They would probably be breaking some trading standards law or other if they sold them when they knew any potential new member with zero points would have no chance of ever buying any Premier League tickets.

If you think it’s bad now, just wait for us to get Barcelona etc in the group stage. Something needs to change and change needs to happen fast before City start replacing us all because they know the glory hunters are ready to step in when they couldn’t be arsed last season

Let's be honest. This new system is perfect for the club.

It creates panic, so people rush to buy tickets at whatever the cost! Less time for fans to kick off about price rises. Money goes into their bank (and out of our pockets) sooner. Loads of 'new' fans input their data and pay to become members (AKA sales targets).

The only people who miss out are us legacy fans because now thousands of new supporters are willing to take yours or my place.

Rightly or wrongly, I can’t see anyway they are going to go back to using points criteria for home games.

The main selling point of the £35 membership is that you will….

“Be the first to access tickets for all home matches, across Premier League and Cup competitions.”

They would probably be breaking some trading standards law or other if they sold them when they knew any potential new member with zero points would have no chance of ever buying any Premier League tickets.
There’s more to it

“Be the first to access tickets for all home matches, across Premier League and Cup competitions. *Some games may be on restricted sale, which requires supporters to have previously attended fixtures at the Etihad Stadium. Please check before purchasing membership for a specific game.”

I know 3 people who were after tickets and they all got what they were after 8,8 and 10 tickets each. Only one missed out on the rags. All said it was cumbersome and stressful, but all were done and dusted between 11:15 and 12:11.
Not saying it's been perfect, but not every longstanding fan has been totally shafted.

Having everyone queueing at the same time was madness. They could easily have had a window for the A* cat only, another for A then open it up for the B/C games. Baffling why they think their IT could cope with the stampede it faced this morning...

Now the demand is there, proven by the Community shield, I think all Cityzens and season ticket holders are going to feel the pinch over the next couple of seasons.

We all love the club, but the club is basically the badge and our history. Owners, CEOs they have little interest in us besides maximising revenues, and providing lip service to prevent any bad publicity.

Please join your local OSC. Tickets for home games are often made available to members several weeks before the game last season and I'm hoping the club does the same this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.