Newcastle - Sir Joseph

de niro said:
said it before and i'll say it again, he just would not let our team stroll though games as we have been doing, anyone not pulling his weight would get a bollocking, regardless of how much they cost.

good player to have around if you ask me.

This but he's still a plank off the field.

If only we had a player like Barton now. Kept us up with Dunne and Distin 4 seasons ago. Box-to-box midfielder with brilliant fight. Chips in with goals and has that never say die attitude.

If only he stayed out of trouble and steered clear of injuries he could have been a regular in the England squad now and playing for a top 7 club (or us).

We need a Barton now. I had hoped it would be Johnno but his injuries have been such bad luck. The Barton type midfielder is definitely something we should be going for in the summer.

And like one of the Gallaghers (forget which one) said at the time "I would have battered Dabo too." One of the worst players to put on the City shirt and I include all the players we had in the lower divisions. I can't actually remember one good game he had.

black mamba said:
FeedTheGoat10 said:
I know Barton is a cnut of the highest order, and a thug, and everything that's wrong with footballers off the pitch, but I can't help but have a soft spot for him. On the pitch he's a decent player who has (or did have) potential. Gets on with it when he's kicked, gives it back, good box to box player and can pass (maybe not from set pieces) he's playing well tonight, played some great passes, one setting up Newcastle's second. Hope he has another shot at the premiership and doesn't do anything stupid again.

What are everyone else's thoughts on him?

I like Joey Barton , and i still think he could turn out to be an excellent player if he buckles down to it ....... but Joey is Joey , and it's probably only a matter of time before his next headline making escapade kicks in.

I also remain unconvinced that , unless Newcastle really strengthen during the summer , they'll last very long in Premiership.

agree with this tbh. they will really struggle next season unless they get a defense.

That Williamson kid's looked useful lately and there's big gay love for Luis Enrique up here in Newcastle. Coloccini is still absolute dog shit, however.

johnny on the spot said:
That Williamson kid's looked useful lately and there's big gay love for Luis Enrique up here in Newcastle. Coloccini is still absolute dog shit, however.

so much gay love that there are 14 guys off my course going to the game on saturday and writing Jose Enrique across their chests!

unfortunately the 2 girls refused to partake!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.