Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard it phrased quite that way before, but you've got it nailed on. I am one of those weirdos from pre-takeover, guilty as charged. lol
The fact that they weren't a top club was one of the main reasons I chose City. Prior to 2007 it was tough to find their matches in the US so I saw plenty of dodgy streams with choppy video that were in every language but English but that sort of made it more fun. For me it all changed before the takeover though, the big moment(s) for me was when the did the double against the scum in Sven's last season. I still wonder how he would have done after the takeover though, he was a top manager.

As far an Newcastle go, I hope they can weather this storm and become another team to push the scum further down the table.

We've really fallen off a cliff over the last few weeks and Howe has to take some of the blame for that as he has favourites who he would probably play even if they were injured. We've lost our last 3 games 0-2 and I think all of those games remained at 0-2 because the opposition were happy with that scoreline. If we'd scored 2 yesterday, you would have scored 4.

My opinion of our starting 11 yesterday is:

I’m fine with Pope starting every game as long as he’s fit as he’s the best we have in his position but I have no idea why Dubravka was back on the bench yesterday.

Trippier is no longer delivering and hasn’t since the World Cup. He gets easily beaten for pace and his crossing has dropped off massively as he doesn’t often beat his first man, his passing is also sloppy for somebody with his experience.

Lascelles played better against Man City than I expected and he’s OK to cover for Schar who is OK but his passing can be wayward and he’s a bit light in the challenge, he seems to pick up a head injury at least once every game.

Botman is fine and we should build our defence around him, even though he’s put the ball in his own net two games in a row. He’s had no option but to try and make a block, he’s been unlucky.

Burn has no pace and the turning circle of an aircraft carrier. He’s been quite solid when he can play on his outside which is his left foot but that’s gone recently because he’s been found out and is being targeted. He offers absolutely nothing going forward I think he’s realised that he can’t get forward. Targett has returned to fitness and he really should have started yesterday and I will be very pissed off if he doesn’t start next weekend.

Joelinton is fine in the centre of our midfield as he covers so much ground and helps build up play. He’s now banned for the next 2 games so that probably means more of Longstaff.

Bruno is head and shoulders above anything in our team, he makes us tick and is being let down by others around him.

Longstaff is really garbage and a waste of a pair of underpants. He can’t tackle, he’s slow in movement and in thought. I don’t know if anybody has noticed but he ends up behind play when he goes to make a challenge because the game has moved on and he’s aiming for where the ball was. He gets into good positions as times but needs to much time to think, he doesn’t have an instant reaction. Willock is better than Longstaff at everything he does and should never start on the bench while Longstaff starts.

Gordon hasn’t played enough for us for anybody to work out how he’ll do going forward but I don’t think he should have been brough into the starting 11 in place of Saint-Maximin who didn’t deserve to be dropped yesterday.

Wilson has gone right off the ball since the World Cup and should not be starting for us until something changes with him. He had Covid before the World Cup and hasn’t been his normal self since although he looked to be improving against West Ham.

Almiron is back to his normal self and I hope that we’ve given him a new contract to keep his value. He’s unlikely to ever repeat his early season form and we should take money for him if we get a good offer.

My starting 11 yesterday would have been Pope, Trippier, Schar (if fit), Botman, Targett, Joelinton, Bruno, Willock, Gordon, Isak, Saint-Maximin.

Howe has said that he can’t change a winning team, we’ve now lost our last 3 and he’s made some strange selections. He played Anderson against Liverpool, the kid has done nothing at Newcastle to suggest that he should be starting games in our midfield and it was no surprise when we were so poor against Liverpool, Gordon would have been an obvious starter.

Against Man U we should have started Targett for Burn, Willock for Longstaff and Isak for Wilson.

Eddie is under a bit of pressure from a small number of fans and he’s bringing it upon himself because of his team selection. The players will get the blame if he picks our best 11 and get nowhere, he’ll get the blame if he keeps picking his favourites regardless of their performances.

We've really fallen off a cliff over the last few weeks and Howe has to take some of the blame for that as he has favourites who he would probably play even if they were injured. We've lost our last 3 games 0-2 and I think all of those games remained at 0-2 because the opposition were happy with that scoreline. If we'd scored 2 yesterday, you would have scored 4.

I’m fine with Pope starting every game as long as he’s fit as he’s the best we have in his position but I have no idea why Dubravka was back on the bench yesterday.

Trippier is no longer delivering and hasn’t since the World Cup. He gets easily beaten for pace and his crossing has dropped off massively as he doesn’t often beat his first man, his passing is also sloppy for somebody with his experience.

Lascelles played better against Man City than I expected and he’s OK to cover for Schar who is OK but his passing can be wayward and he’s a bit light in the challenge, he seems to pick up a head injury at least once every game.

Botman is fine and we should build our defence around him, even though he’s put the ball in his own net two games in a row. He’s had no option but to try and make a block, he’s been unlucky.

Burn has no pace and the turning circle of an aircraft carrier. He’s been quite solid when he can play on his outside which is his left foot but that’s gone recently because he’s been found out and is being targeted. He offers absolutely nothing going forward I think he’s realised that he can’t get forward. Targett has returned to fitness and he really should have started yesterday and I will be very pissed off if he doesn’t start next weekend.

Joelinton is fine in the centre of our midfield as he covers so much ground and helps build up play. He’s now banned for the next 2 games so that probably means more of Longstaff.

Bruno is head and shoulders above anything in our team, he makes us tick and is being let down by others around him.

Longstaff is really garbage and a waste of a pair of underpants. He can’t tackle, he’s slow in movement and in thought. I don’t know if anybody has noticed but he ends up behind play when he goes to make a challenge because the game has moved on and he’s aiming for where the ball was. He gets into good positions as times but needs to much time to think, he doesn’t have an instant reaction. Willock is better than Longstaff at everything he does and should never start on the bench while Longstaff starts.

Gordon hasn’t played enough for us for anybody to work out how he’ll do going forward but I don’t think he should have been brough into the starting 11 in place of Saint-Maximin who didn’t deserve to be dropped yesterday.

Wilson has gone right off the ball since the World Cup and should not be starting for us until something changes with him. He had Covid before the World Cup and hasn’t been his normal self since although he looked to be improving against West Ham.

Almiron is back to his normal self and I hope that we’ve given him a new contract to keep his value. He’s unlikely to ever repeat his early season form and we should take money for him if we get a good offer.

My starting 11 yesterday would have been Pope, Trippier, Schar (if fit), Botman, Targett, Joelinton, Bruno, Willock, Gordon, Isak, Saint-Maximin.

Howe has said that he can’t change a winning team, we’ve now lost our last 3 and he’s made some strange selections. He played Anderson against Liverpool, the kid has done nothing at Newcastle to suggest that he should be starting games in our midfield and it was no surprise when we were so poor against Liverpool, Gordon would have been an obvious starter.

Against Man U we should have started Targett for Burn, Willock for Longstaff and Isak for Wilson.

Eddie is under a bit of pressure from a small number of fans and he’s bringing it upon himself because of his team selection. The players will get the blame if he picks our best 11 and get nowhere, he’ll get the blame if he keeps picking his favourites regardless of their performances.

I have to agree. You looked dangerous when you brought your subs on but thankfully our second goal soon after took the wind out of your sails.
Howe is a decent coach but can he push you on to the next level? I'm not so sure, he still has that small team mentality at times, spoiling the game, timewasting and ultra defensive. It will be interested to see how you progress.

Totally agree about Bruno. He's a great player. He's dangerous.
Howe I feel is a stop gap until u get an elite manager. You'll be challenging for silverware from now on and I'm sure you'll win something sooner rather than later.

I have to agree. You looked dangerous when you brought your subs on but thankfully our second goal soon after took the wind out of your sails.
Howe is a decent coach but can he push you on to the next level? I'm not so sure, he still has that small team mentality at times, spoiling the game, timewasting and ultra defensive. It will be interested to see how you progress.

Howe needs to make changes to freshen up our starting 11. He also needs to keep players in that 11 when they perform to ensure that players give 100% every game. It's terrible for players who are not in the starting 11 who see players regularly underperform yet still start games.

Get a striker, and you will be just fine.
That simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.