Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true, potentially they are a enormous club.

Geordies get everywhere in the world and people will quickly latch on top them when they start to win, which they will.
Zero guarantee of that. They completely fell apart in their first opportunity just last week.

Any club that consistently get over 50000 crowds is big. The likes of City and Newcastle size is always being compared to United and Liverpool which is ridiculous, those two are in a league of their own. I wouldn’t want to be that size either, I want our fanbase to stay at the same size it is now. Fuck having to miss out on big games because our club has been littered with tourists and plastics. I’m a season ticket holder so it probably won’t effect me, but old timers will be missing out in the near future, if they already haven’t been priced out.
To he honest, i think its nothing more than dick waving anyway, proclaiming how ‘big’ a club is

And i dont disagree with most of your post

I dont see what all the fuss is about tbh with investment by middle east. FFP ensures we all spend the same. And the extraordinary difference at City has been Pep. Not the money.

Not only that, its clear tyo me that the PL was lagging behind (In quality) with the rest of the top elite clubs of europe. When Pep came he just bridged that gap and thats why we saw a City being by far far the best the PL had ever seen.

Well thats not lasted long, we're being caught up by the other clubs as they've learnt from City exactly what it takes to produce what City have... The mindset, the hard work, the professionalism, the playing for the club attitude (Even if its not real), the setup off the pitch and the facilities, we've taken all of that to the next level (Having learned from the best) and of course the way we control the game,.... I am seeing that shit in other clubs now not even the top 6 clubs. So I think we're losing that edge we created whiolst the rest of the league catch up.

So I dont think Newcastle will find it as easy, I think they'll have as much success as we did in the beginning but certainly not as revolutionary as City.

What is good is that the self entitled history clubs now have competition, and if the owners of the PL product are careful we could have the most competitive and open league in the world! Unless they go for the old model of just making sure the pyramid points towards lfc/utd/ars and we end up like Spain or Germany.

As would i , but hes right … for once. Like leeds, newcastle are a one town team and what that creates is a situation where all the fans are stood in pubs, all agreeing about how brilliant they are. Must be quite weird that.
I guess it creates ideas of grandeur that because in their little geordie fish bowl they are huge, that they are huge elsewhere

Similar fan base to us to an extent at the takeover, large local following, some out of town following due to some connection to manchester/city and the odd sadomasochistic weirdo that supported us through choice.

“But if FFP will have to step in an do something if they are owned by dodgy people”

Do you mean dodgy, people who own the club that want to stop promotion to and relegation from the premier league or leveraged buyouts and over indebtedness.

I mean people that are saying they own the club but it's somebody else is funding it

It’s ok for an American to spend €750m over two windows?

Any owner even American owners should be allowed to spend what the fuck they like end of like they could before this fraud of a ffp came along by arrogant two faces kunts the red shots

I totally agree that owners should be allowed to spend whatever they want if it's their money and not loans or assets sold/stripped

Similar fan base to us to an extent at the takeover, large local following, some out of town following due to some connection to manchester/city and the odd sadomasochistic weirdo that supported us through choice.
I've never heard it phrased quite that way before, but you've got it nailed on. I am one of those weirdos from pre-takeover, guilty as charged. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.