Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I didn't say you was in freefall but I thought you was going to collapse and go in to freefall after the cup final loss and you haven't so fair play, I hope you get 4th or even better 3rd! All the best.
Yeah good luck in boiling the piss of any of those shysters, in particular the match fixing best mates and Totnumb.

If you get into the CL, it will open up a whole new level of player who will join you. The problem you will have in summer (outside the CL) is that the best players want to play in the CL and simply won't join you until you're in it. Also, the flip side is that players like Guimaeres, Botman and Isak will want to play in the CL! If you don't look like getting there, they'll move on. The club will know this so
I honestly think you'll spend BIG in the summer.

Howe has done a far better job than I expected and I think a few genuine top class players will turn the draws into wins. I'm not sure who's available but I'm sure the board will make sure you don't lose out because of fees and wages. I think if anyone becomes available, you'll be in for them.

I think the trick we had - and looks like you've done with Botman - is to pick up players who grow into becoming world class players.
When we got Kompany, Zabaleta, Yaya Toure, David Silva, KdB, Aguero etc no one at the time realised that they'd become the players they did. They all have a top-class absolute will-to-win and that separated these players from the likes of Adebayor, Robinho etc. I think City, on the whole, got the right personalities in rather than throwing money at "showmen".

I really hope you can push on and shake the league up a bit. It's a great stadium and crowd up there and I'd love you see yous finish 2nd behind us :)

At the start of the season my hopes, and probably the hopes of most of our fans was to avoid being involved in our usual relegation battle and maybe have a decent run in a cup so no matter what happens, I think we'll be happy. We should now quality for some form of European competition and I would be over the moon with that.

Qualifying for the Champions League, if that does happen would be simply outrageous considering where we spent most of last season.

I’m not too sure what I think qualifying for the CL would do to us next season because of our current squad depth, it might actually set us back if we have a season like West Ham who haven’t coped well with being in Europe this season.

Having said that, other teams have struggled and we might never have a better chance to just go for it and take what ever comes our way next season, it’s a conundrum which is probably best left for the club to worry about.

The club is very quiet regarding St James’ but we’re hearing enough noises to suggest that a stadium expansion is being worked on even though that will not be easy because of the location and surrounding listed buildings.

Leazes Terrace to the East where we have our smallest end is Grade 1 listed and St James Street further down is Grade 2 listed so we can’t go further back. We might be able to go up if we can get around those buildings right to light, maybe the club can pay the owners off in that respect, especially when people are struggling financially.

The South stand (Gallowgate) can go further back as we now own that land as the club has purchased the lease but even that stand will not be easy. The Metro runs under it and the road behind it (Strawberry Place), is a massively important road to the RVI Hospital from the North, West and South.

1679968383112.png

Maybe the club can put in a temporary road and then build over Strawberry Place and have the road run under the stand at its current level.

The noise at St James’ goes all over and is nowhere near what it was before the expansion. The stadium is louder but you don’t hear it inside as a lot of it goes straight over the Gallowgate and East Stand bit it is heard up to 5 miles away when we score. We just need to build up the two lower stands and the atmosphere will be second to none.

The demand for tickets is there now that Ashley has gone and the club would be mad to not exploit that.

We should invest as infrastructure investment doesn’t go towards FFP and brings in extra revenue so it’s a no brainer. Especially as UEFA tried to include infrastructure in FFP, who is to say that they will not try again and then succeed next time?

Sorry, I'm rambling on again.

If I was you're owners I'd thank Eddie at the end of the season and go balls out for Conte.

They'd back him and he'd give you the step up Bobby Manc did with us.

Howe was given a longer contract at the beginning of the season and I would like to see where he can take us. I like him and he probably deserves to be given a chance to prove himself.

He quite often does strange things, but it works more often than not. I think he's got it right 95% of the time and he's either good at his job or lucky.

Conte is a good manager, but he hasn’t covered himself in glory at Spurs. I know they’re not as good as they think they are, but I think owners at clubs might see how his time ended there and worry about his temperament when things don’t go his way.

The thing I like about Howe is that he never gets too high or too low, he’s a steady Eddie (I’ll get my coat). His demeanour never changes no matter what the result and I think the players react positively to that as they never panic when things aren’t going our way. He’s also made a massive difference to some of our previously failing players.

Yeah good luck in boiling the piss of any of those shysters, in particular the match fixing best mates and Totnumb.

Hopefully we're boiling your neighbours piss on Sunday, we owe them one. We seem to be relatively injury free other than Almiron so we should have a relatively strong starting 11 with a few options coming off the bench.

Win on Sunday and we’ll go third top, at least until Monday but we have 2 games in hand again on Spurs after they play on Monday.

Hopefully we're boiling your neighbours piss on Sunday, we owe them one. We seem to be relatively injury free other than Almiron so we should have a relatively strong starting 11 with a few options coming off the bench.

Win on Sunday and we’ll go third top, at least until Monday but we have 2 games in hand again on Spurs after they play on Monday.
I really hope you get into the CL. Not least because it will no doubt mean you will have taken points off both Arse and rags in the process. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.