Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two best friends in the service were Geordies and you could rely on them to have your back in any given situation. My Daughter married one and lives in the wilds of that there Geordie land and has even started a family.

Yeah they're decent folk. I realise I've talked about how much they moan and how they're good fun in the same sentence! I love a whinge too I think!

I've got on with most Geordies I've met over the years and they tend to like us but not United. There are though some absolute tools of the first order who give new meaning to the words, Big Time Charlie's. The sort who are phone-in loudmouth e.g one the other day who arrogantly proclaimed "We should take both Everton centre halves..." on some phone-in. While not every Blue is a saint, I don't recall the same behaviour when were in for Joleon or indeed. Those sorts are a minority in my experience as I've really enjoyed friendly chat with the most that I've met. I find Geordies and Mackems generally really friendly and good sports.

My two best friends in the service were Geordies and you could rely on them to have your back in any given situation. My Daughter married one and lives in the wilds of that there Geordie land and has even started a family.
Generally like them, their away fans were mouthy cunts last season.

Singing about how they are bigger than us, based on a purple patch in the 1990s I’m guessing, where they won sweet fuck all.

Generally like them, their away fans were mouthy cunts last season.

Singing about how they are bigger than us, based on a purple patch in the 1990s I’m guessing, where they won sweet fuck all.

They are not perfect, I am however basing my opinion on the real ones I have met in my life not the odd roid headed fuckwit with an axe to grind.

Football banter is one thing, being a real life arse is another (That's to any dippers watching).

I find Newcastle fans to be alright in general. They've been through a very long tough spell of it, but they keep going and supporting the team and fair play if they get carried away by this, why shouldn't they!

I didn't keep going, I gave up my season ticket the year before the takeover and can't get near a season ticket now. I started supporting the club decades ago, got my first season ticket when Gazza was playing for us and never gave up until towards the end of the Ashley era.

It was so pointless going as I would spend hours in traffic before and after the game. It would be freezing cold in winter and the game would offer absolutely nothing as we were surviving to survive rather than surviving to compete. By compete, I mean trying to be the best that we could be.

I would be working 5 or 6 days a week and couldn’t justify wasting the little time I had away from work on what the club had become. 90 minutes of wondering why I was putting myself through that just became too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.