Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Newcastle do something. Same for Sunderland, Toffees, Sheffield and Brum clubs, Hammers too.

The more clubs competing breeds interest in the game. If new clubs like say Bristol City/ Rovers made their way up, its great for the game, somewhere new to visit.

We win potentially from extra visiting gate and tv revenues, just like other clubs did when Segio scored...TV revenues went through the roof for all.

Personally, and this may be controversial, I don't mind City not making the CL on the odd occasion.

It's about re-tooling, adjusting and refreshing.

For me, as long as we're competing favourably, i'm happy. And if others can experience some of what we've seen, fair do's.

More than happy for an inoffensive  club to be given the chance to experience what we have.

The fans will become dislikeable far quicker than we did. In that sense I can't help but think of it as giving a lifetime supply of matches to the village pyromaniac. The poster on here seems reasonable and I hope he can stay for good debate, pretty much every other Newcastle fan I've met has been an absolute throbber unfortunately.

It will be interesting to see how Howe treats the cups.If i was a Newcastle fan i would be hoping he plays strong teams.
A far better chance of winning a cup than the league.

Howe does play strong teams in the cups, we'll put out the best teams that we can.

Not sure if you remember but you guys were on for the League Cup in the 94/95 season. You’d started well and were unbeaten at home with a Manchester City side who were awful away to come in the 5th round.

You absolutely leathered us but we somehow beat you 2-0 against all odds. We got hammered 4-0 at Palace in the next round a game you’d probably have won.

One of my rare (in those days) visits to Maine Road was for this win over Newcastle.

It’s a collector’s item, as it was the only occasion that David Brightwell scored for City:

More than happy for an inoffensive  club to be given the chance to experience what we have.

The fans will become dislikeable far quicker than we did. In that sense I can't help but think of it as giving a lifetime supply of matches to the village pyromaniac. The poster on here seems reasonable and I hope he can stay for good debate, pretty much every other Newcastle fan I've met has been an absolute throbber unfortunately.
I remember chatting with Newcastle supporters in the Whitworth. I think it was the day Michael fucking Owen found his scoring boots and hit a hat-trick, after a barren spell.

They were reasonable and knowledgeable lads.

I find Newcastle fans to be alright in general. They've been through a very long tough spell of it, but they keep going and supporting the team and fair play if they get carried away by this, why shouldn't they!

Geordies and Mancs get on don't they? I haven't met a bad Geordie yet.

My Nan was a geordie so I'm a bit biased, but even though she spent nearly 60 years living in Manchester you wouldn't have known it. Always longed for the Tyne. Liked the simple things in life and loved a whinge. I find that with a lot of geordies - love moaning! She didn't really care, just needed to have a rant. I've always found them to be good fun and up for a laugh. Don't take themselves too seriously. Work hard during the week and live for the weekends which is usually a drink and the football. Sounds familiar.

My Nan was a geordie so I'm a bit biased, but even though she spent nearly 60 years living in Manchester you wouldn't have known it. Always longed for the Tyne. Liked the simple things in life and loved a whinge. I find that with a lot of geordies - love moaning! She didn't really care, just needed to have a rant. I've always found them to be good fun and up for a laugh. Don't take themselves too seriously. Work hard during the week and live for the weekends which is usually a drink and the football. Sounds familiar.

My two best friends in the service were Geordies and you could rely on them to have your back in any given situation. My Daughter married one and lives in the wilds of that there Geordie land and has even started a family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.