Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for people to chant WWYWYWS at us, it's a sign that things are going right and I'll always take it as a compliment. I was all over the country following my team and going to some right tips, actually, our home games were played at a right tip.

I remember going to Swansea in the early to mid 80’s and the game was called off on the Saturday, the game was played the day after and a lot of our fans stayed in Swansea on the Saturday night without being able to find a room so just hung around all night, we won 1-2 and one of my mates scored our first goal.

I remember going to see us play at Bristol City’s ground twice in the same season because Rovers had a fire at their ground so had to ground share.

I remember going to see us play Cardiff at Ninian Park in the early 80’s, we won and had bricks thrown at us for 90 minutes and had to stand against the back wall to avoid getting hit. I was stabbed with a pointy brolly after the match and then we got bricked when we got close to the train station.

Funny thing is mick

WWYWYWS

you come on here NOW to view how the top table team in England for the last 10 years feels about Newcastle
come back in 10 years time and ask us then,

we used this song ? Maybe you should find your own song as well

Can I ask where you got those figures on total number of fans as I'd quite like to see a few other teams.

I'm working on an Excel Spreadsheet, what information are you interested in? I think I probably have years of work to carry out to complete it. I was going to do some work on it again this morning as I’m off work for my birthday but my dad died a few hours ago and I can't really concentrate at the minute.

I do need something to keep my mind off thing so limited searches will be fine once I return home as I have to pop out for an hour or so.

They talk like they are the greatest fanbase ever yet when put to the test when the team was truly shit their average gates were appallingly bad. Of course you would expect some drop off but their hard core is nowhere near ours. If ever the chant WWYWYWS was made for anyone it's these gobshite geordies.
For a 1 team city they're not all of that.
How far back are you going with that though? Historically they have the 5th highest average attendance of all time, with City at 8th. They have topped the average attendance table 10 times to City’s twice.
On that basis, you can’t really have a pop about crowds where Newcastle are concerned. That being said, what the fuck does it matter anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.