Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, don't worry about any rants, we all have them in us. Sometimes people feel better after a rant so don’t hold back.

The best single moment in my life for an adrenaline rush was when Rob Lee scored at Wembley in the FA Cup semi against Chelsea. I would swap that to bring any dead friend or relative back, unfortunately we can’t. All we can do is live our best lives and help those close to us to do the same with their lives

My wife and kids would probably prefer it if I told them that my biggest adrenaline rush was getting married or having the kids but that would be lies.

I guess at least they know where they stand.
Fucking Hell,so sorry for your loss mate,you seem to be one of tbe more decent away posters on here.

I can't wait for people to chant WWYWYWS at us, it's a sign that things are going right and I'll always take it as a compliment. I was all over the country following my team and going to some right tips, actually, our home games were played at a right tip.

I remember going to Swansea in the early to mid 80’s and the game was called off on the Saturday, the game was played the day after and a lot of our fans stayed in Swansea on the Saturday night without being able to find a room so just hung around all night, we won 1-2 and one of my mates scored our first goal.

I remember going to see us play at Bristol City’s ground twice in the same season because Rovers had a fire at their ground so had to ground share.

I remember going to see us play Cardiff at Ninian Park in the early 80’s, we won and had bricks thrown at us for 90 minutes and had to stand against the back wall to avoid getting hit. I was stabbed with a pointy brolly after the match and then we got bricked when we got close to the train station.
I was in uni in Cardiff and I went to a few games at Ninian Park.....bit of an eye opener. Proper old school ground with crumbling terracing and an away end with no roof.

Many apologies. I'll name every club in the pyramid next time, just to keep muffties like you happy.

I was generalising, and providing my opinion, which is what forums are about. Apologies for offending and rattling your cage.
Anyone but the three Redshirts, plus Wigan Boro Stockport and FCUnited.

The last time Newcastle averaged 15k or under was 1915 when we averaged 14,545. The last time Sunderland averaged 15k or under was 1989 when they averaged 14,878. The last ime Man City averaged 15k or under was 1965 when you averaged 14,753. As I've said before, the one thing very few clubs can have a go at Newcastle about is our crowds.

Newcastle have had 76,945,710 fans attend home games in the league since 1894, not including this season and have had an average of 15k or less 7 times, all but two before 1900.

Man City have had 72,404,583 fans through the gates in that same time period and have had the same number of average crowds less than 15k, 7 times and all but 1 of those was before 1900.

Sunderland have had 62,808,363 fans attend home games during that time, they've averaged 15k or less 17 times. They've averaged less than 15k 11 times since 1900.

I would say that all 3 clubs have been really well supported.
My kind of post!

Indeed. City Newcastle Sunderland Everton Villa Spurs are all the same kind of fanbases throughout history.

City 28,273 average in the third tier which went up from the season before, Sunderland 30,118, 30,847 and 32,157 averages in the third tier, Newcastle 51,106 average in the second tier which was higher than 9 of the 10 previous seasons to that.

Nobody can say anything about the support of these three clubs.

I'm working on an Excel Spreadsheet, what information are you interested in? I think I probably have years of work to carry out to complete it. I was going to do some work on it again this morning as I’m off work for my birthday but my dad died a few hours ago and I can't really concentrate at the minute.

I do need something to keep my mind off thing so limited searches will be fine once I return home as I have to pop out for an hour or so.
That's shit mate, my condolences

I'm working on an Excel Spreadsheet, what information are you interested in? I think I probably have years of work to carry out to complete it. I was going to do some work on it again this morning as I’m off work for my birthday but my dad died a few hours ago and I can't really concentrate at the minute.

I do need something to keep my mind off thing so limited searches will be fine once I return home as I have to pop out for an hour or so.

Very sorry to hear about this mate

The last time Newcastle averaged 15k or under was 1915 when we averaged 14,545. The last time Sunderland averaged 15k or under was 1989 when they averaged 14,878. The last ime Man City averaged 15k or under was 1965 when you averaged 14,753. As I've said before, the one thing very few clubs can have a go at Newcastle about is our crowds.

Newcastle have had 76,945,710 fans attend home games in the league since 1894, not including this season and have had an average of 15k or less 7 times, all but two before 1900.

Man City have had 72,404,583 fans through the gates in that same time period and have had the same number of average crowds less than 15k, 7 times and all but 1 of those was before 1900.

Sunderland have had 62,808,363 fans attend home games during that time, they've averaged 15k or less 17 times. They've averaged less than 15k 11 times since 1900.

I would say that all 3 clubs have been really well supported.
Didn't Newcastle average 17,000 in 1990 and 21,000 the season after? That is fairly recent and you would need to go a fair way back to find city with that average. I find Newcastle fans arrogant and mouthy,Sunderland down to earth.

Mick,
I can tell you that the biggest adrenaline rush most blues ever had - including briths, marriages and anything else - happened in May 2012; the Aguero moment. You may experience something similar, but never the same, because you could never do it against a team from the same City, after they'd lorded it over you for the best part of 40 years. Mackems will be the nearest you can experience but I think it'll be a few decades before your paths are anywhere near to crossing like ours did with the scum in 2012.
Very sorry for your loss my friend.

I can imagine how good it was when he scored, he's one of my all-time favourite Man City players and was an absolute joy to watch. The goal couldn’t have been scored by a better player as far as I’m concerned.

I hope that the mackems do come back up soon, I can’t say that I like them, it’s more because I would hate to be in their position and I would like to think that we would beat them 9 times out of 10. The gap between the two clubs has probably never been bigger and it only looks like going one way.

The derby is massive for both clubs and usually takes up the week before and the week after the game. The pubs and clubs start opening at about 4am, no matter what the kick-off time is and it’s just a case of sinking as much alcohol as possible until going to the ground and then it’s all out hate. The atmosphere is usually toxic and the winner isn’t always the best team, it can often be the team that handles the atmosphere the best.

If we ever get a bigger ground and tickets go on general sale, get one for the derby and I'm sure you'll sense and appreciate the hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.