Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like something is going on between Saudia and the club. Saudia doesn't have any flights to or from Newcastle, today the advertising screens around the pitch have been showing 'Fly Saudia' and what looks to be a flight crew from the airline has been photographed at St James' and the Millennium Bridge over the Tyne, maybe we have some sponsorship incoming. I can't wait to see the reaction if this turns out to be bringing more money into the club.

I went past the ground on Friday at 16:30 and I could see what looked like a banner being held up and a few people standing around being photographed. I think it was the people who are planning a protest before the match today, they really need to be careful as a lot of fans will be full of alcohol for a late kick off.
My Newcastle supporting nephew sent me some pics of the Saudia stuff along with line
"Fill that kettle up with piss"

He's under no illusion about the media; he already detests the usual subjects like Holt, Panja and Delaney .

Just need you guys to get top 4.

Re Joelinton, he was never a centre forward. Rafa didn’t fancy him and Ashley apparently put up 20M for the deal to happen thinking we could turn him into a centre forward and make money on him.

Rafa left, we bought Joelinton and 12th choice candidate Bruce became manager. We didn’t have any real alternatives up front but Bruce played Big Jo up top week in week out in blind hope that he’d suddenly develop a goal scorer’s movement, instinct and ability to take a chance. It was patently obvious that would never happen and Big Jo’s confidence was completely destroyed and Bruce eventually benched him. Big Jo had played out on the left for Hoffenheim (sic), Bruce did try him there but the PL
is a lot more unforgiving for any deficiencies and Big Jo ain’t the quickest and struggled out wide (and we also had ASM who Bruce relied totally on to win him points).

Long story short, Ashley unwittingly bought us a very good midfield player and Bruce and his staff were unable to see this despite something like 2 years working with him.

That Norwich game showed Howe he could play there but I’m sure Howe would have got there anyway. I’d been discussing it for months with my mates; just look at him and what he brings to a game. Steve Bruce man, how many times were we told he was doing a great job with what he had available? Absolute fraud of a manager.
Funny, when I used to take the piss out of ‘Joelington’ to my mate, he always said he’s a really good player, but being played totally out of position, shows you how bad people like Bruce are when your average fan could see it and had been saying it for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.