Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but they will just put barriers in the way by saying that a particular sponsorship is not fair value. We do not know yet what criteria they, or rather a panel of experts, will use to judge fair value. Worryingly, they have already mentioned ‘history’ as a factor. The PL will appoint the panel.
As to groups like CFG, you are correct and some of the rules which mention them are clearly aimed at us.
Fair enough, but personally I am not worried by their attempts to regulate sponsorships. It's all dooned to failure in my eyes and shows a terrible weakness. The shit will only really hit the fan when they disallow Saudi's shirt/stadium sponsorship.

As for including "history" in a sponsorship evaluation, I know the word has bad connotations on here, but it would be more surprising to me if that word was excluded from a list of determining factors. I don't see anything sinister in that, really.

Anyway, we are largely agreeing here, so that's enough from me. Happy New Year to you and yours :)

You clearly haven't had the "how much was the losing bid" jibe yet, but you will.

As long as contracts are at a fair value, there is nothing to worry about. Your only real issue will be the shirt/stadium deal as there are so few precedents for a major PL sponsorship basing itself on potential for growth, on a project if you will. In fact you can name them on the fingers of one finger (I liked that expression).
“As long as the contracts are at fair value…”
Quite, but who decides that? The PL make an initial ruling (likely to be ‘they are Arabs so they are cheating’) and refer the case to a panel of experts, appointed by the PL!
What criteria do this panel use? Ah, we’ll tell you later.
Attempts at stitch ups will be the order of the day, egged on by the redshirts.
I can imagine the judge‘s words when the first legal challenge is mounted and they won’t be to compliment the PL on their fairness and impeccable procedures.

Quite, but who decides that? The PL make an initial ruling (likely to be ‘they are Arabs so they are cheating’) and refer the case to a panel of experts, appointed by the PL!
I can imagine the judge‘s words when the first legal challenge is mounted and they won’t be to compliment the PL on their fairness and impeccable procedures.
I imagine they'd still be able to appeal to CAS if they get screwed over.

This.....although I am sure why.

I don't hate them any more because they have money...envious...yes..totally..wish we had the finance and not them....but I couldnt hate them any more than I already did.
That’s hardly surprising, though, is it, considering which team you support?

Into this mess walks the regulator.
”What shall I do. Gary?”
”Just make sure United benefit”

Kudos for the cynicism. I am as paranoid as anyone else normally, but on this one I think we are safe. Newcastle too, actually, although that could get messy.

Also, I am not sure the PL are stupid enough to push it all the way to the UK courts.

Kudos for the cynicism. I am as paranoid as anyone else normally, but on this one I think we are safe. Newcastle too, actually, although that could get messy.

Also, I am not sure the PL are stupid enough to push it all the way to the UK courts.
Absolutely. I'm sure they realise that their made up 'laws' wouldn't hold up to actual legal scrutiny.

Weird, I've never felt persecuted in my life. I love where I live, I love my life and I wouldn't swap anything that I've ever experienced because those experiences have made me what I am. Could things have gone better? Absolutely but a lot more could have gone worse. I live in a town which is 20 minutes from 3 cities, I'm 20 minutes from the coast and 20 minutes from countryside, it's great.

I must admit I was a bit bemused at that comment by @roman totale if it was in regard to football I'd concede he may well have a point. plenty of our support were prepared to whinge like fuck continuously about ashley but drop their bollocks at the merest suggestion of actually doing anything to oust him.
slightly confused as to where it is you live though mick? we have newcastle and durham.
no matter what the late majestic queenie did in an act of extreme and no doubt pissed up benevolence while celebrating her ruby jubilee, sunderland was, is and always will be a town, and a fucking hovel of a one at that.
I'm gonna assume you can drive to either edinburgh or york very quickly from where you live.

Worth noting that Newcastle isn’t a person. Whoever made that decision is very likely no longer at the club. The current ownership therefore are nothing to do with that letter.
Just an example The current owners, management and everyone at our club had zero involvement in the abuse of our young players but they were big enough to accept that the legal entity that is Manchester City FC Limited had an obligation to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.