Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to admit I have a soft spot for the toon and like them to do well but not that well if you know what mean . If they get champions league next season which could now happen then they will get top tier players to go with sone very good ones already and suddenly they are title challengers . I think they will move for Kane or mbappe in the summer .

I think qualifying for the Champions League is probably a step too early for us as we don't have the finances in place yet. Personally speaking, I think the Europa or Conference will be our best fit because a lot of poor teams play in the early rounds so that we could use squad players. The only real negative is playing on a Thursday night, I much prefer Wednesday night games as it's more central to the week.

you sure about this?
I know that amongst my fairly large circle of match going mates (and myself) there's a unanimous feeling of it could've been us.
think it was well publicised that mansour had tried to buy newcastle before man city but ashley had refused to deal with him. not an isolated incident either, did pretty much the same thing in dubai, not turning up for a meeting and then vomiting all over the bar. fat, obnoxious **** that he is. anyway.... I digress slightly with me ashley hatred, I recall little to no lambasting of your takeover, envy I'd concede.
Some of our fans were definitely like that. I agree that most of us were just jealous and wished them well.

I think qualifying for the Champions League is probably a step too early for us as we don't have the finances in place yet. Personally speaking, I think the Europa or Conference will be our best fit because a lot of poor teams play in the early rounds so that we could use squad players. The only real negative is playing on a Thursday night, I much prefer Wednesday night games as it's more central to the week.
The finances are the only thing you have in place.

Its up for debate how Newcastle fans viewed our takeover , what isnt up for debate is your club signing the letter that wanted us investigated by UEFA & the Premier league for financial irregularities , there were nine clubs who signed . NUFC being one of them.
No doubt Ashley will take the blame for this as well , but be prepared to be roundly hated by the majority of opposing fans and the many accusations the media will invent over the next ten years , we have endured all this crap but the trophies and trips to Wembley and trips all over europe do soften the blow.
Hope you can grow the thick skin you will need
Ashley should get the blame for signing the letter as it was down to him. He had no ambition for our club and rather than trying to be the best we could be, he tried to keep others down.

I couldn't care less about what other people say about Newcastle, it just makes me want to see us to do better and wind them up more.

Winning the league beats winning a cup. And so does winning a better cup

Winning the league is out of our reach, winning a cup is much easier and would take us to another level. Only three teams can win a domestic trophy and I would love to see us do it just once, after all we've waited since 1955 to do it and that is just not good enough.

Winning the league is out of our reach, winning a cup is much easier and would take us to another level. Only three teams can win a domestic trophy and I would love to see us do it just once, after all we've waited since 1955 to do it and that is just not good enough.
I’d be more than happy to see you win a cup. I’m quite enjoying your ride

Geordies are second only to scousers when it comes to having a persecution complex. That said, they’re still a million times more likable.

Weird, I've never felt persecuted in my life. I love where I live, I love my life and I wouldn't swap anything that I've ever experienced because those experiences have made me what I am. Could things have gone better? Absolutely but a lot more could have gone worse. I live in a town which is 20 minutes from 3 cities, I'm 20 minutes from the coast and 20 minutes from countryside, it's great.

The finances are the only thing you have in place.

The club doesn't have the finances yet, but we are working on it. We didn't really have a commercial department before the takeover as we didn't need one as the ground was only there to advertise for Ashley. That has changed, we had 100 staff members accompany the players for our trip to Saudi.

We have some big deals to put together in the very near future. We have new shirt sponsors starting next season and we’re hopefully working on that now as our value will have gone through the roof having gone from 2nd bottom to 3rd top.

Castore have one more season to run after this as our kit suppliers so we should see a huge improvement with that one and the ground will hopefully have a sponsors name attached to it. We have a few new sponsors such as noon who pay more for sleeve sponsorship than Fun88 pays for our shirt main sponsorship.

I guess we could re-name the training ground if somebody is daft enough to pay for that although we might have to wait for the new training facilities to be build so it’s more worthwhile for a sponsor to be associated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.