Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from Newcastle Fan TV, he's just got back from covering Newcastle's warm weather wotsit in Saudi...

Clearly they're feeling the pressure, but don't have a clue how to deal with it.

Oh, and they're getting very, very giddy....

Nobody should take anybody on Youtube seriously, they're after clicks to earn them money.

The club doesn't have the finances yet, but we are working on it. We didn't really have a commercial department before the takeover as we didn't need one as the ground was only there to advertise for Ashley. That has changed, we had 100 staff members accompany the players for our trip to Saudi.

We have some big deals to put together in the very near future. We have new shirt sponsors starting next season and we’re hopefully working on that now as our value will have gone through the roof having gone from 2nd bottom to 3rd top.

Castore have one more season to run after this as our kit suppliers so we should see a huge improvement with that one and the ground will hopefully have a sponsors name attached to it. We have a few new sponsors such as noon who pay more for sleeve sponsorship than Fun88 pays for our shirt main sponsorship.

I guess we could re-name the training ground if somebody is daft enough to pay for that although we might have to wait for the new training facilities to be build so it’s more worthwhile for a sponsor to be associated with.
You seem knowledgeable so I’ll reiterate. The only thing you really have in place is the finance. The rest of the club is mid table and will take 5 yrs to catch up.

Newcastle did NOT call for an investigation into City’s finances. That letter signed by the hateful eight plus one called for City to be SUSPENDED WITHOUT COMPLETION of the INVESTIGATION. Due process was not necessary apparently because Liverpool said we cheated and that was good enough. At the time Newcastle signed that letter, they already had notice of CAS’s view that “City cannot hope for a fair hearing while Leterme is in the chair”
Guess who chaired the investigation?
Newcastle’s desire to see City punished without due process on the basis of what CAS called “No evidence” (12 times) is a big black mark on their escutcheon. Let’s hope for their sake they are never falsely accused of something by Liverpool and all the US Redshirts. (Don’t bank on it). If they find themselves in that position, fuck them. Alternatively, they could always apologise or don’t geordies know how to do that?
I'm more than happy to apologise for what Ashley did, I was embarrassed at the time and I still am. As a Newcastle fan I guess that we’re all guilty by association but he did not do it with our blessing. We had literally nothing to benefit from it, it was just a sign of what a horrible bastard Ashley was, he didn't want us to compete so he tried to stop others from doing well.

Worth noting that Newcastle isn’t a person. Whoever made that decision is very likely no longer at the club. The current ownership therefore are nothing to do with that letter.

That person is Mike Ashley, he is universally hated on Tyneside.

Weird, I've never felt persecuted in my life. I love where I live, I love my life and I wouldn't swap anything that I've ever experienced because those experiences have made me what I am. Could things have gone better? Absolutely but a lot more could have gone worse. I live in a town which is 20 minutes from 3 cities, I'm 20 minutes from the coast and 20 minutes from countryside, it's great.
That’s great to hear, not doubting you for a minute.
I’ve also known some decent scousers, but I do stand by my generalisation.

My reading is that they can't question sponsorship which is at "fair" value, no matter where it comes from, and they can't limit the number of sponsors from a particular country. Neither of these would hold up in court, and they know it. I think they have realised that City have bolted before they could effectively shut the stable door, but they want to prevent Newcastle getting their own Etihad deal. Which is going to be tough, given that no-one (important) really questions the nature of the Etihad deal any more.

Imo, where they will try to get us next is on the multi-club ownership model and, probably, transfers between the sister clubs.
Agreed, but they will just put barriers in the way by saying that a particular sponsorship is not fair value. We do not know yet what criteria they, or rather a panel of experts, will use to judge fair value. Worryingly, they have already mentioned ‘history’ as a factor. The PL will appoint the panel.
As to groups like CFG, you are correct and some of the rules which mention them are clearly aimed at us.

Both of our clubs should do something about mounting a legal challenge against related party sponsorship. I would think one of our clubs should put sponsorship out to tender and hope a related party put in the best offer, accept it and see what happens. I can't see any court turning around and saying that either club should go for a lower bid.

You clearly haven't had the "how much was the losing bid" jibe yet, but you will.

As long as contracts are at a fair value, there is nothing to worry about. Your only real issue will be the shirt/stadium deal as there are so few precedents for a major PL sponsorship basing itself on potential for growth, on a project if you will. In fact you can name them on the fingers of one finger (I liked that expression).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.