Newcastle Thread - 2023/24

What a great way to say goodbye.

You will look back in a few years' time and remember Saint-Maximin, as we recall players like Craig Bellamy and Shay; important figures along the path to where we are now.

It is a great way to say goodbye, you're 100% correct. I just wish that he could have maintained his fitness to see what he could have done with us because I do think a fit Saint-Maximin would have been a huge asset for us and the fee mentioned for him is far from excessive. I think that we've been robbed if the £26 million fee mentioned is correct unless we have a lot of easy clauses added.

Haha. Just seen this. They are playing the "number of clubs" card again like they do with City. Why don't they just come out and say United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs?
I'd piss myself laughing if mbappe goes to Saudi then ends on on loan at Newcastle.

Depends on the fee. St Maximum is 26 years old, never capped for France and his goal scoring record reads like a centre half who is a target from a corner.

Also would need to be compared to fees paid for other players.

Revolt would be huge if Newcastle use the Saudi League as a means to bypass FFP rules that everyone else makes a genuine effort to comply with.

I never understood fan opposition to the ESL only to accept this level of shit.
A bargain at £40m compared to Rice.

........... And they want the fair market process explained for transfers. That's easy. There isn't one. Tossers.
It's a fair point. How can you sell pogba for £800k, buy him back for £80m, then sell him back to the same club again for £8m?

It is a great way to say goodbye, you're 100% correct. I just wish that he could have maintained his fitness to see what he could have done with us because I do think a fit Saint-Maximin would have been a huge asset for us and the fee mentioned for him is far from excessive. I think that we've been robbed if the £26 million fee mentioned is correct unless we have a lot of easy clauses added.

I don't usually quote my own posts so this will be one of very few. We are now being told that we've sold him for £23 million which is crazy.

They have signed a couple of excellent,very sought after,u18's.

They are developing into a very well run club,i wouldn't be surprised if they have looked at our business model.Serious contenders in the next couple of seasons.

They have signed a couple of excellent,very sought after,u18's.

They are developing into a very well run club,i wouldn't be surprised if they have looked at our business model.Serious contenders in the next couple of seasons.
Amanda knows all about us. No surprise if they are following our lead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.