Newcastle Thread - 2023/24

will they start going in the market?
Tonali a great start but quite a few more gaps in the squad. Barnes is a decent player but not like they need more left sided attackers unless they plan to play him inverted.

certainly looks like they wont splash the cash that much this window. looks like a max 100m net spend (lower than any top6-top7 rivals probably except us with Txiki going for netspend trophy) to me and I assume they will still get some revenue in for 3-4 faces moved out.

must be thinking "shall we sell some of deadwood to Saudi clubs" given many other PL clubs doing the same. :)

wait until there are rumours in the winter that few of those better players going to Saudi turn up on loan at Newcastle haha.

will they start going in the market?
Tonali a great start but quite a few more gaps in the squad. Barnes is a decent player but not like they need more left sided attackers unless they plan to play him inverted.

certainly looks like they wont splash the cash that much this window. looks like a max 100m net spend (lower than any top6-top7 rivals probably except us with Txiki going for netspend trophy) to me and I assume they will still get some revenue in for 3-4 faces moved out.

must be thinking "shall we sell some of deadwood to Saudi clubs" given many other PL clubs doing the same. :)

wait until there are rumours in the winter that few of those better players going to Saudi turn up on loan at Newcastle haha.

Howe has said today that we're not close to signing anybody at the minute and we don't have a lot to spend and I don't think he's bluffing. I think we do need to see if we can get some interest in some of our shite from Saudi, everybody else is so the Premiership can't really complain if we do.

Seems it's ok for Liverpool but not Newcastle.

They will have fun with this, the Saudi's are going big on promoting their league and they need to get in the right calibre of player. The value that they choose to pay will be what they deem to be a fair market value to them.

Seems it's ok for Liverpool but not Newcastle.

Deflection tactics in the red biased media once again using scare rumours over Newcastle/Saudi links.

The facts are that Newcastle United's qualification for the Champions League will lead to a significant increase in their revenue for their future spend under FFP, regardless of selling players. Is this not how the much vaunted organic growth peddled by certain clubs is meant to work?.

Arsenal, Liverpool and ManU have all failed to qualify in recent years without coming under the same financial scrutiny or innuendo over their spending in spite of two of these instigators of FFP already being found guilty of breaching in essence their own FFP rules.

At least Liverpool had mitigating circumstances at the time by not qualifying for European competitions so avoided sanctions. They also could point to the £50m new ground feasiblity plans project with player costs seemingly continued to be covered by revenue from the Coutinho sale. (Who determined this was fair value and what were the other bids?)

Clear and obvious and becoming tedious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.