Newcastle Thread - 2023/24

They have signed a couple of excellent,very sought after,u18's.

They are developing into a very well run club,i wouldn't be surprised if they have looked at our business model.Serious contenders in the next couple of seasons.

We've got some really good kids coming through and I don't think any of them is any better than Lewis Miley who is only 17 and hasn't looked out of place this summer. He's a midfielder who looks so smooth on the ball, he just needs to develop and stay away from trouble that young kids can get into if they think they've made it which doesn't look like it will be a problem. Miley is probably the best kid we've produced in nearly 40 years if he keeps this up. Another worry for his is how do we give him games as he's far too young to be sent out on loan where he'll lose the protection of his family. It's something which Eddie Howe has recognised and mentioned in the last few days. The only loan which I think we would consider is possibly to Boro if they were interested as he wouldn’t have to leave home as you can get there easily in under an hour from Newcastle, he would piss all over the Championship.

We also have a central defender called Alex Murphy, he came on as a substitute in America against Chelsea and looked out of place for about 5 minutes which is understandable but after that 5 minutes, he's looked like he has always been in the team, he's so comfortable in the team and helped us keep a clean sheet against Fiorentina today.

Elliot Anderson is another kid who seems to be coming good having scored 3 goals so far in pre-season. one of the goals was only against Gateshead but he's also scored against Villa and Brighton. The only thing with Anderson is that he often makes the wrong decisions but I would put that down to a lack of games. Hopefully he'll go out on loan in the second half of the season if we're out of Europe because he has everything except experience and that can only come with games.

The change around in our academy is like night and day and that’s down to better coaching and the fact that we now train all of out age groups to play the same way so a kid can drop straight into a team at any level and knows how to play in whatever role he’s given. That might sound basic but it’s something that we’ve always got wrong and it's so easy to get right.

We've got some really good kids coming through and I don't think any of them is any better than Lewis Miley who is only 17 and hasn't looked out of place this summer. He's a midfielder who looks so smooth on the ball, he just needs to develop and stay away from trouble that young kids can get into if they think they've made it which doesn't look like it will be a problem. Miley is probably the best kid we've produced in nearly 40 years if he keeps this up. Another worry for his is how do we give him games as he's far too young to be sent out on loan where he'll lose the protection of his family. It's something which Eddie Howe has recognised and mentioned in the last few days. The only loan which I think we would consider is possibly to Boro if they were interested as he wouldn’t have to leave home as you can get there easily in under an hour from Newcastle, he would piss all over the Championship.

We also have a central defender called Alex Murphy, he came on as a substitute in America against Chelsea and looked out of place for about 5 minutes which is understandable but after that 5 minutes, he's looked like he has always been in the team, he's so comfortable in the team and helped us keep a clean sheet against Fiorentina today.

Elliot Anderson is another kid who seems to be coming good having scored 3 goals so far in pre-season. one of the goals was only against Gateshead but he's also scored against Villa and Brighton. The only thing with Anderson is that he often makes the wrong decisions but I would put that down to a lack of games. Hopefully he'll go out on loan in the second half of the season if we're out of Europe because he has everything except experience and that can only come with games.

The change around in our academy is like night and day and that’s down to better coaching and the fact that we now train all of out age groups to play the same way so a kid can drop straight into a team at any level and knows how to play in whatever role he’s given. That might sound basic but it’s something that we’ve always got wrong and it's so easy to get right.
That last paragraph sounds exactly like the way our Academy lads are coached.

As for Miley,if he is as good as you say he is, maybe Eddie will bring him on in a similar way that Pep treated Phil Foden. That is, give him a few minutes here and there, and play him in cup matches against lower league opposition.

That last paragraph sounds exactly like the way our Academy lads are coached.

As for Miley,if he is as good as you say he is, maybe Eddie will bring him on in a similar way that Pep treated Phil Foden. That is, give him a few minutes here and there, and play him in cup matches against lower league opposition.

Miley really is that good, the only thing we don't know is if this is his peak or if he's going to continue to develop. Here’s a short youtube video of him playing for our U21’s aged 16 as he only tuned 17 in May. In pre-season he’s done it in the first team against Villa, Brighton two days after doing it against Chelsea and Fiorentina.

He made his debut for us last season against Chelsea when he came on and got about 20 minutes as a substitute and he hit the bar with a great shot which could have won us the game.

Last edited:
Well done tonight pal, have an off day next week and blitz the rest of the season please :)

I will be happy if we put in a good performance next week and would be more than happy if we can keep the game down to a single goal defeat.

Progressing nicely. Powerful team. Won’t be long now till they challenge. If we don’t win it I would prefer Newcastle. Chavs would have been ok but not now they are treated like the red teams.

You'll win the league again this season, our best chance will once again be the Carabao Cup if you don't progress in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.