Newcastle Thread - 2023/24

I thought they looked decent yesterday. Villas defence had a bit of a mare, so hard to tell off just one game if Newcastle were really good or if Villas defence made them look a bit better than they are.

Will be interesting to see how our game with them pans out on Saturday, as on yesterdays showing they look a really good side.

Still annoys me that they rolled over for the rags in the final. When they can play as well as rhey did today.
Don't think they "rolled over for the rags" in the League Cup final last season ?
Thought they were the better team, just that MUFC were very fortunate for about 10 minutes of the match.
Newcastle have recruited very well and are now building a strong squad.
Eddie Howe is a clever manager, but will be interesting to see his tactics for Saturday's game at the Etihad ?

Don't think they "rolled over for the rags" in the League Cup final last season ?
Thought they were the better team, just that MUFC were very fortunate for about 10 minutes of the match.
Newcastle have recruited very well and are now building a strong squad.
Eddie Howe is a clever manager, but will be interesting to see his tactics for Saturday's game at the Etihad ?
City will need two game plans: 1) For the barcodes mounting a packed defence. 2) If they try to play their normal open game.
Pep will overthink it!

City will need two game plans: 1) For the barcodes mounting a packed defence. 2) If they try to play their normal open game.
Pep will overthink it!

Going to be a tough week with the Super Cup and then Newcastle at home. No better way to get some sharpness into the tank for what lies ahead in the coming months.

Going to be a tough week with the Super Cup and then Newcastle at home. No better way to get some sharpness into the tank for what lies ahead in the coming months.
I’m not convinced of the need for these meaningless additional games like Super cup, world club championship etc. Players need rest. With internationals some might play 70 games this year. City will rotate but others might not.

They are a decent side now with a good manager. I told a lot of rags they should have gone for Howe ages ago and they laughed, I bet they're not laughing now.
At home they seem to have modelled themselves on Liverpool, start fast while the crowd are still noisy and build up a lead. Last season proved they will be a threat and they added well this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.