Newcastle Thread - 2023/24

Money, exposure and a chance to win a new trophy what’s not to like.
Our season won’t be defined by the game against the barcodes.
That game could have a huge bearing. Barcodes win = confidence and belief there soars - terrible outcome for us a loss v them

That game could have a huge bearing. Barcodes win = confidence and belief there soars - terrible outcome for us a loss v them
Could easily happen of course...Isak, what a player - could score v anyone. Arsenal were in for him and at the time sort of baulked at the price - thank God really - I think he could win them the league, certainly will push Newcastle into top three...anything could happen if they are in the mix mid March

Sorry, I have to. I'm sure I read on Saturday that we haven't been top for 16 years and it might be another 16 years until we're in this position again. Here goes for the sake of posterity.

1692049236496.png

Edit. The last time we were top was the first game of the 2007/08 season.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have to. I'm sure I read on Saturday that we haven't been top for 16 years and it might be another 16 years until we're in this position again. Here goes for the sake of posterity.

View attachment 90178

Edit. The last time we were top was the first game of the 2007/08 season.
We went top briefly when we had Trevor Francis. It was just the prelude to thirty years of hurt.

I wish we had bought Sandro Tonali from AC Milan - he'd have been the perfect replacement for Gundogan

Can't remember which paper, but I read a nice story about this guy a few days ago.

Apparently he celebrated his first game and goal by reserving a table at the local Wetherspoons. I thought, how nice, man of the people and all that.

Sadly, the article went on to suggest it was probably a prank by his team mates - hey this is the swankiest restaurant in town.... that sort of thing. Which is perhaps more likely and really quite amusing.

Some people are seething about this and I love it. I'll try and get to the first game but the second game starts far too early to even think about it.
Can’t see anything wrong with it. Xenophobia? Wait till City win the £100m CFG cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.