Newcastle Thread - 2023/24

Really tough for them, but they should be absolutely relishing the test.

We are relishing it. It could hardly have been any tougher but why qualify if you're going to moan about who you have to play. I don't expect too much from us as I hope that we make playing in it next season a higher priority than how we get on this season. We need to qualify for Europe regularly if we're going to grow the club.

We are relishing it. It could hardly have been any tougher but why qualify if you're going to moan about who you have to play. I don't expect too much from us as I hope that we make playing in it next season a higher priority than how we get on this season. We need to qualify for Europe regularly if we're going to grow the club.
I hope you smash it mate.

Agreed but its happened and I think they have recruited poorly off the back of it when they had a real chance to strengthen there position.

I'm pleased with our recruitment. Hall should replace 31 year old and very limited Dan Burn at left-back, Livramento should replace soon to be 33 year old Trippier at right-back, Tonali has pushed Longstaff out of our starting 11 and hopefully Barnes starts on our left with Gordon moving to the right to replace Almiron who I would sell if we receive a half decent offer.

Our next purchase needs to be a pacey ball playing replacement for Schar at right centre-back and then we need to spend on single quality upgrades to push starters on to the bench. We really could do with a Peter Beardsley type player who can offer something different and unlock teams as we’re far too one dimensional and seem to replace like for like.

The final 'WE ARE NEWCASTLE UNITED' is due to go out on Amazon Prime in less than an hour. Part of the program is about our new deal with Adidas which has been described as likely to bring in 100's of millions over the next 5 years which will mean at least £40 million per season and that's a huge uplift on our rumoured £8 million a year from Castore.

The next 12 months are likely to be tough for us and then things should really take off compared to our recent past. I expect that we'll get training kit sponsors, stadium sponsors and training ground sponsors.

The Champion League is expected to bring in £45 million, Adidas an extra £32 million over Castore and we're getting a rumoured extra £20 million from Sela over Fun88 for shirt sponsorship.

An almost £100 million increase in known income plus whatever we get for the additional expected sponsorships mentioned above.

Worries about FFP should be hugely reduced and then we’ll really kick on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.