Newcastle United 2020/21 Thread

16k? Ah well that's so much better than 13k.

We averaged 28,273 in the third tier in 1998/99. And, unlike you, we're not a single club conurbation. Yet we hear this constant nonsense about the Geordies being fanatical supporters. Where were those missing 30k when you were in the second (not third) tier?
There you go, randomly picking out stats without context. You averaged less than 20k in 1988 and less than 15k in 1965. We averaged over 56k in 1948 in Div 2. In 1989 Chelsea averaged less than 16k while winning Div 2 and had an average of less than 13 a few years before that. We’ve been relegated twice under Ashley and averaged over 43k and then over 51k the last time.

Btw Manchester has a population of 2.7M, Newcastle is 800k.

There you go, randomly picking out stats without context. You averaged less than 20k in 1988 and less than 15k in 1965. We averaged over 56k in 1948 in Div 2. In 1989 Chelsea averaged less than 16k while winning Div 2 and had an average of less than 13 a few years before that. We’ve been relegated twice under Ashley and averaged over 43k and then over 51k the last time.

I should add that I’m not having a go, I’m just showing how easy it is to mix and match figures to paint whatever version of the truth you want.

I should add that I’m not having a go, I’m just showing how easy it is to mix and match figures to paint whatever version of the truth you want.
Not having a go, eh? I'd hate to see you if you were. You're entitled to your opinion, of course.

Although you're still at the approval stage, and I could have deleted the post, and no one would ever have had the, er, pleasure of reading it

See, I'm a nice guy!

I’ve given facts not opinions. I haven’t stumbled into RAWK by mistake have I?

Sadly your arguement just collapsed.
Manchester - as of 2019 - has a population of 553,230
The figure you quote is for Greater Manchester which includes the following league teams
The rags, Bolton, Rochdale, Wigan, Oldham and until recently Bury and Stockport.

Last edited:

The population of Manchester is @ 530,000.
The population of Greater Manchester is 2.7 million.
Please compare apples with apples if you are going to compare populations etc.

I compared the urban areas, Newcastle city has about 250k. The teams you mention aren’t taking huge numbers from you. We both have fans that travel to home games from around the country but, that’s only really recent thing.

Manchester as a city and area is in a different stratosphere to Newcastle.

Can we not just agree that Rio is a self interested, obnoxious, gobshite?

I guess asking other fans to recognise what Ashley is doing to the club and have any empathy with the fans is a bit of a stretch for some.

Over the years, Newcastle have been given quite an easy ride by the media and it is easy to be led into the assumption that they have been a successful club. Or that people like that piss Newcastle Brown.
I thought back to the last time they won anything. I was at primary school then and l remember my dad bringing back his mates back from the Anson all crowding round this tiny black and white TV with a screen about the size of a tablet, me sitting on the floor amongst all these blokes smelling of beer.
Newcastle beat us in the cup final and it was literally a lifetime ago but much of the time they get a better press than us.
All because we have put the noses of the favoured clubs out of joint. Tough titty, try and take it like men not squealing little girls.

Btw knobhead ,2.7m is greater Manchester
Which includes bury,Bolton,Stockport Wigan etc and5other boroughs

As for ur geordie nation ,800k is probably about right but if u include ur conurbation of South Shields ,north sheilds ,Whitley bay ,Washington etc it’s a lot more ,and that’s not even counting the makems which is about as far from the Tyne bridge as Wigan is to Manchester

finally ,u are indeed right ,our crowds did in fact dip to around 20-23000 in the mid to late 80’s ,but on the whole , we still averaged more than u inbreds over the decade which if u look at all clubs attendances as a whole , was a shocking time for all!
Liverpool averaged 37000!
Arsenal 26000

Utd 42000

our crowds and Urs tbf held up well ,
Difference was we always there , but u lot were like black and white leemings to the kk resurrection

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.