Newcastle United 2020/21 Thread

Me neither

best supporters in the country my spotty arse

forgotten they dipped to a 13,000 average in the 80s with gates as low as 8,000

for a one team town that was always wank

nearly as bad as the scousers with there geordie nation nonsense
That’s not true about the averages, we did get a sub 8000 gate against Wrexham in the old 2nd Div. There’s a story behind that gate, the original game was abandoned due to rain, there were boycotts, the club was toxic and we really weren’t very good (but we somehow had Peter Withe as CF), the season was nearly over. The rearranged game was played midweek (pissed down again) after the FA Cup Final which was unheard of, the season for every other club was finished. We had to play 3 home games in 10 days and on what should have been the final day we had a sellout 36,000 against Brighton who won 3-0 and went up (you’ll find it on YouTube). I think the average for the season was over 16000 and better than some 1st Div sides.

John Hall came up with the Geordie Nation bollocks, Sky latched onto it, you not hear a song or see a scarf with that on.

I honestly cannot think of any other set of fans who are judged by media driven agenda and convenient events looked at out of context.

We’ve got some right bell end fans, it’s unavoidable and pissed up young ‘uns on away trips can be a pain but, on the whole we’re a canny bunch. For a stadium bang in the middle of a city with large crowds there’s rarely any bother in the pubs and when it is it’s started by away fans.

A club like City should know all about this kind of bollocks.

That’s not true about the averages, we did get a sub 8000 gate against Wrexham in the old 2nd Div. There’s a story behind that gate, the original game was abandoned due to rain, there were boycotts, the club was toxic and we really weren’t very good (but we somehow had Peter Withe as CF), the season was nearly over. The rearranged game was played midweek (pissed down again) after the FA Cup Final which was unheard of, the season for every other club was finished. We had to play 3 home games in 10 days and on what should have been the final day we had a sellout 36,000 against Brighton who won 3-0 and went up (you’ll find it on YouTube). I think the average for the season was over 16000 and better than some 1st Div sides.

John Hall came up with the Geordie Nation bollocks, Sky latched onto it, you not hear a song or see a scarf with that on.

I honestly cannot think of any other set of fans who are judged by media driven agenda and convenient events looked at out of context.

We’ve got some right bell end fans, it’s unavoidable and pissed up young ‘uns on away trips can be a pain but, on the whole we’re a canny bunch. For a stadium bang in the middle of a city with large crowds there’s rarely any bother in the pubs and when it is it’s started by away fans.

I think you get an unbelievable amount of leeway off the media

I really don't think being a one team town does a club any favours in the UK to be honest, football thrives on rivalry, you need the edge and motivation that local bragging rights can bring.
Then why are the two biggest set of simpleton fans one team towns? Leeds and newcastle.
They still have rivalries but the lack of local bragging rights just promotes the delusion. A whole town all telling each other how great they are.
I dont hate leeds, or newcastle. On the contrary i willed them to do well against the only team i do hate.
But i think newcastle get an inordinate amount of smoke blown up there arse

16k? Ah well that's so much better than 13k.

We averaged 28,273 in the third tier in 1998/99. And, unlike you, we're not a single club conurbation. Yet we hear this constant nonsense about the Geordies being fanatical supporters. Where were those missing 30k when you were in the second (not third) tier?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.