Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Watched in the US with Fresno Cityzens Supporters Club. So psyched after the match. Peps reaction. You could tell he really wanted this game. What it meant.

Walker got skinned twice but to be fair, Ortega was off his line by 4-5 yards. He's back on his line he probably stops both. All in all, what a game. What a win.

Watched in the US with Fresno Cityzens Supporters Club. So psyched after the match. Peps reaction. You could tell he really wanted this game. What it meant.

Walker got skinned twice but to be fair, Ortega was off his line by 4-5 yards. He's back on his line he probably stops both. All in all, what a game. What a win.

I thought Newcastle scored with two fantastic shots

If people were doubting our desire after winning so much last night was a wake up call for them, although the score line does not reflect it we battered a very good side.Of course Kev and Oscar stole the show, but Rodri was magnificent and he is getting better and better. I also thought Kova alongside him had one of his best games yet for us as they totally dominated midfield.

The reason we conceded two whilst frustrating is sort of understandable, without Stones stepping into midfield, we used Walker as the extra man in midfield only out wide rather than central which left space behind him that Newcastle exploited and to be fair they were both brilliantly taken goals. I think Pep will look at that and only do that again if Ekanji is playing as he is quicker than Dias and can cover across, Dias is far better centrally and him being dragged out wide does leave us open at the back.

Anyway though, Kev, he is beyond superlative now, you just expect it and he does it, his goal was masterful and his pass to Oscar was as good an assist as you will see all season, as for Oscar, he showed why Pep was right having faith in him with a beautiful finish. It would have been much easier to put Jack on so credit Pep for the subs.

The rolling stone is gathering pace, the worry obviously is Eddy but with Haaland and Stones to return the season looks a lot brighter this morning

If people were doubting our desire after winning so much last night was a wake up call for them, although the score line does not reflect it we battered a very good side.Of course Kev and Oscar stole the show, but Rodri was magnificent and he is getting better and better. I also thought Kova alongside him had one of his best games yet for us as they totally dominated midfield.

The reason we conceded two whilst frustrating is sort of understandable, without Stones stepping into midfield, we used Walker as the extra man in midfield only out wide rather than central which left space behind him that Newcastle exploited and to be fair they were both brilliantly taken goals. I think Pep will look at that and only do that again if Ekanji is playing as he is quicker than Dias and can cover across, Dias is far better centrally and him being dragged out wide does leave us open at the back.

Anyway though, Kev, he is beyond superlative now, you just expect it and he does it, his goal was masterful and his pass to Oscar was as good an assist as you will see all season, as for Oscar, he showed why Pep was right having faith in him with a beautiful finish. It would have been much easier to put Jack on so credit Pep for the subs.

The rolling stone is gathering pace, the worry obviously is Eddy but with Haaland and Stones to return the season looks a lot brighter this morning
I could not believe the comments at half time in the match thread about Kovacic.

A lot were slaughtering him, personally thought he was utter class, he is superb with Rodri and is a huge asset to the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.