Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Attwell has form for doing us over. I refer you to the Brighton game in May 2021. Fortunately we had won the PL by then, but ye gods he was well dodgy that night. I groan every time he is near one of our games, and in my opinion he's on a par with OliVAR and Alty Taylor in his clear anti City betting masters bias.
Dont forget the Trafford stitch up also. One of the worst decisions in living memory including all the corruption we've suffered at anfield.

Not good. Suppose we didn't lose.

It was a dive. He wasn't touched. No idea what VAR or the pundits were watching.

We're rubbish going forward without KDB creating and vulnerable at the back without Rodri.

Though we looked better when Foden came on.
Exactly. I’ve watched it several times and there’s nothing. The worst part is there’s people watch it and parrot the party line that it was a foul. I ask myself is there different versions of this because I’m not seeing what you are.

When Dennis Tueart used to get in those situations, which he quite often did, his prime focus was to go round the keeper and slot the ball into the onion bag. Now most players just look for the penalty and hope the keeper gets sent off, exactly what Gordon did yesterday but thankfully the ref applied a modicum of sense and only yellow carded Eddie.

It pisses me off tbh, you could tell from Gordon's reaction after the penalty had been given that he'd duped the ref.
Yeah, but duping VAR as well. Just shitty arbitration.

Pep will continue using that midfield we saw today, its the perfect midfield for control which Pep loves, it means teams can't hit us on transitions. Foden doesn't fit, he makes the risky pass we don't have a midfielder who can stop transitions against us if that pass doesn't come off.
You can't be serious?

Exactly. I’ve watched it several times and there’s nothing. The worst part is there’s people watch it and parrot the party line that it was a foul. I ask myself is there different versions of this because I’m not seeing what you are.
It was the same with both Rodri incidents last week though. Hard to see from most angles but he got a deliberate dig in the ribs in the very first second, very clear and totally undisputable if you get to see a view from the camera behind our goal. Same with the one that crocked him, very innocuous but deliberate and obvious when you see the right camera angle. I know the ref can't see those, but VAR can and I thought that was the whole point?

When Dennis Tueart used to get in those situations, which he quite often did, his prime focus was to go round the keeper and slot the ball into the onion bag. Now most players just look for the penalty and hope the keeper gets sent off, exactly what Gordon did yesterday but thankfully the ref applied a modicum of sense and only yellow carded Eddie.

It pisses me off tbh, you could tell from Gordon's reaction after the penalty had been given that he'd duped the ref.
100% agree with that. What riles me is it's obvious to most of us and most pundits who watch the game so why can't the refs and VAR see it?

You can't be serious?

Explain where he fits in midfield.

When Kevs fit Kev will play

When Gundo is fit Gundo will play

When Kovacic is fit Kova will play due to Rodri injury and Kovacic is our only recognised 6.

Foden played last season since we had no Gundo so we could play a midfield of Foden and Kev when Kev returned. But Gundo is here this season.

I’d like to be proved wrong, as Foden is one of our best players. But I just don’t see Pep dropping none of Gundo or Kev for Phil in midfield, maybe out wide

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.