Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I disagree. It was an awful point. The game was there for the taking even prior to kick off. Pep is the best manager in the world but sometimes he has these weird brain farts and messes up the tactics e.g. the CL final against Chelsea where he decided not to play Rodri. There is no way on earth our lineup needed to be that conservative against Newcastle (or at least not for most of the game) . One of either Foden, Savio or Doku was an absolute must to start, otherwise they would do what they did, sit back and then try to get at us on the break (without fear of us countering at speed). To leave it so late to make those changes too was very frustrating. We could all see at halftime the way things were heading. Hopefully the next brain fart won't be for a long time.
just come on to say the same,a lack of pace and creativity in the starting line up,

We look distinctly average all of a sudden . It will take pep a few weeks to find a solution luckily we have yet another international break looming and a fairly kind fixture schedule for him to work it out .

Was odd, Gundo had two or three options including just pumping it at an empty net but he literally waited until Pope was back. Worst game I've seen from Gundo, early days though.
He is taking longer to adjust to the pace than i expected, his passing and control was never a problem in the past. Rusty ? Talking about fractions of a second at this level, and he will know better than anyone how to sharpen up. He hasn't turned into a bad player since he went to Barce, just not "gelled", but he will i am certain

Negatives - We have a real lack of energy and physicality in midfield. Gundogan hasn’t really got going yet. I don’t think young Rico is the answer. For me, he’s got to try and utilise Gvardiol/Stones in the pivot position and get Bernardo playing centrally. Until we solve the midfield three, we will struggle in the bigger games. Haaland got a bit of a kicking.
Positives - We didn’t get beat. Foden looked a bit sharper. Savinho looked lively and he works hard. Grealish put a shift in.
I trust Pep to solve the conundrum.

Do we really have to go through this self-flaggeltation all season after every single dropped point. It was the same last year with some of you lot. You're going to have spent the greatest years in the club's history moaning and complaining.

Savinho already looks like the signing of the season. Gvardiol is one of the best defenders in Europe.

We are the current champions. We are missing our two best players, Foden is coming back slowly, we are missing Bobb and Ake.

Let's see.
Well said. I thought we played ok at Newcastle. Just done by a dodgy penalty. We have suffered some injury blows but as long as we are in touch with the top after Christmas I would back us to win five in a row. Some fans are so negative. We are unbeaten in 29 PL games aren’t we?

Well said. I thought we played ok at Newcastle. Just done by a dodgy penalty. We have suffered some injury blows but as long as we are in touch with the top after Christmas I would back us to win five in a row. Some fans are so negative. We are unbeaten in 29 PL games aren’t we?
I don't mind people being emotional after a game, but that poster spent the whole of last year warning the end is nigh.

It's September. I remember growing up and people being annoyed they even showed a table on MOTD before bonfire night. We have played two of the top four, Liverpool have played none.

Maybe this season is one too many for the squad, maybe Pep leaves this summer, but I didn't see a lack of fight from a quite seriously depleted squad still finding it's rhythm.

Just think everyone needs to relax. It's a new season with new challenges. Maybe Arsenal are on shoulder, maybe Liverpool or Chelsea will come back into it, maybe we will collapse. Who knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.