Newcastle United (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The warning signs have been there all season—more poor incomings than outgoings combined with injuries and mental fatigue of going again. I don’t think it’s been Pep’s best start to the season, either. There’s still a long way to go, but we don’t look like contenders as it is—good cameo from Foden.
...with kdb and Rodri in the side its a different game.

Clear & organised.

They want to create a narrative that City park the bus, seen ESPN sharing clips of City with 10 defenders but failing to mention it’s a corner.
It was a free kick near our area, but still.
The ESPN cunts are rattled and have to build a new narrative.

If you look ahead, City have a series of eminently winnable games right through the coming month. Matches that I would frankly expect them to win. Also, at the end of the month, Arse play Liverpool. So someone's going to lose out there.
We need a fully fit Kev back for the creativity, and a fully confident Phil, trying things the way he was last season (very puzzled about that, generally). Otherwise, Pep will work on this, because that's what he does. I trust in Pep, because a man who's won six titles out of the last seven must have something about him.
There's plenty of time to beat the Spanish armada, said Drake as he finished his game of bowls.
Agree I just hope that come January we add a bit of pace and power. Preferably in CM. Need some physicality there. Not sure who mind but one would hope our scouts do!

You know when you play Newcastle they will play to their strengths being big strong and dirty, so it is particularly disappointing, that for a second time in a week, the ref pulls over the captains for a talking to. Our record is 36 fouls 11 bookings, our record for penalties for and against, plus who gave them, our bookings for simulation, already show PGMOL bias.
This was a game where the ref allowed Newcastle to play their way, we will play many teams who do this, with PGMOL`s blessing

When we signed Gundogan I just expected him to play against lower league opposition and come on 25/30 mins to go to control games, not start as our most creative player at Newcastle. Scary.

Fair result, to be honest. Could've won it, but could easily have lost it too. Frustrating game throughout, though, and a very tough one to watch sitting on my hands in with the Geordies.

Seems like this Newcastle team has got the right idea with Erling, as he's "only" scored once against them in 4 or 5 games, which is unlike him. And today was a poor showing from Gundogan, I'm sorry to say. A year out at a lower team has taken away his edge. Not surprised about the penalty... despite what Shearer has said, I honestly think it's a penalty. He bought it, for sure, but Edy nowhere near the ball and made contact.

Gundo was badly off the mark but Phil didn’t exel, both need game time. We looked better when Bernardo went central and we could have won it.
Still a great start to the season though

Just watching the game back (was not able to watch it live).
Well. One consolation — Gundo cannot possibly play as badly as that again. Can he?? That may just possibly be the worst he's played in a City shirt. He can only go up from here… I don't even think he looked that knackered. But his passing and vision were totally off. Unrecognisable.
Josko impresses me more and more.
Newcastle were pretty thuggish at times, weren't they? Seems it's open season on City, especially Erling.
I didn’t see the kickoff but apparently Gundogan got clattered straight from kickoff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.