Newcastle United (A) - Post-Match Thread

Definite blue tinted glasses. It doesn't matter where the ball is, if a defender takes out a striker in the box a ball they're never getting to comes in, it's still a penalty, he's taken him clean out in the box. It's very clumsy and a clear penalty. I don't see how anybody can deny it being a penalty personally and there's no way anybody would suggest it wasn't had it been city on the wrong end of that.
I honestly don’t think I’d have complained if it was the other way around. How many times on corners do we see fouls off the ball never given? Is this that much different?!

Max and Wilson need to play as a front two. Good players. They may have left it too late but they are not adrift. Interesting what they do in January.

Really don’t think that Ederson challenge was a penalty tbh. The ball wasn’t near and Cancelo had it under control. Maybe I’m seeing it through blue-tinted glasses, but it was an accidental, off the ball collision imo.
I agree with you. But I imagine Dermot will see things differently in the morning………

Watched it from up in the gods with a better view of Gateshead than the pitch. Is it true we didn't actually play that well?

Really don’t think that Ederson challenge was a penalty tbh. The ball wasn’t near and Cancelo had it under control. Maybe I’m seeing it through blue-tinted glasses, but it was an accidental, off the ball collision imo.
I can see both sides, if it was at the other end I'd be annoyed.

However, I very much doubt it made much difference to the result, other than we we might not have had an other clean sheet.

Not for me. He wasn't ever getting to the ball so no goal scoring opportunity denied.
It doesn’t need to be a goal scoring opportunity.

Had Emerson denied him a goal scoring opportunity in fouling him, he would have been sent off as well as a penalty being awarded.

If Ederson had gone in two footed on Fraser and wiped him out, whilst Cancelo trotted off with the ball, would you say it was a penalty then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.