Newcastle United (A) - Post-Match Thread

What a result. Totally bossed them. Newcastle average at best.

Cheers to Clarky for the ticket.

City City City

Any of the older lads got any recollections of them games at Maine road? The one in 87 I remember being under the stands and thinking christ this place is a death trap. 94 I’m sure Andy Cole equalised then city scored late on , been to the eithihad once with the lad when he was about 11 and won 2-0 in the league cup , that’s about as happy as we’ve been against city last few years oh for 1984 and the 5-0 at st James, am pissed and reminiscing now good luck and do them all the cockneys the scousers and the plastics

Not sure, mate. Great post though. Worked with a lot of Geordies - particularly in the 90s(military) and always looked out for Newcastle, as they were all good lads.

I think my admiration was mostly Shearer, though. What a footballer. Just glad he never ended up at the rags.

Really don’t think that Ederson challenge was a penalty tbh. The ball wasn’t near and Cancelo had it under control. Maybe I’m seeing it through blue-tinted glasses, but it was an accidental, off the ball collision imo.
Definite blue tinted glasses. It doesn't matter where the ball is, if a defender takes out a striker in the box a ball they're never getting to comes in, it's still a penalty, he's taken him clean out in the box. It's very clumsy and a clear penalty. I don't see how anybody can deny it being a penalty personally and there's no way anybody would suggest it wasn't had it been city on the wrong end of that.

‽????#%%%?????????. Does not compute.????
You know we beat Leeds 7-0….imagine if you took away the goals, they where in the game too (0-0) if you listen to Ryan Fraser, what he fails to grasp is that the aim of the game is to put the likkle round thingy between the sticks, we scored after 5 mins & while failing to really stamp our authority on the game early doors, they where never ‘in it’

Definite blue tinted glasses. It doesn't matter where the ball is, if a defender takes out a striker in the box a ball they're never getting to comes in, it's still a penalty, he's taken him clean out in the box. It's very clumsy and a clear penalty. I don't see how anybody can deny it being a penalty personally and there's no way anybody would suggest it wasn't had it been city on the wrong end of that.
Pen for me. Just wiped him out.

Not sure, mate. Great post though. Worked with a lot of Geordies - particularly in the 90s(military) and always looked out for Newcastle, as they were all good lads.

I think my admiration was mostly Shearer, though. What a footballer. Just glad he never ended up at the rags.
My first admiration for Man City was either that bugger Allison who was THEE character in football at the time 78,79? And don hutchison 1981 how unlucky was that man, I’m laughing typing this as it was so absurd that goal
Should of won the replay anarl on the Thursday Steve mckenzie best goal I’ve seen in a cup final, Ricky villa my arse !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.