Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

I asked the question earlier in the thread and didn't get a response.

Has Kyle Walker had a bout of Covid at all? Even the slightest one can (not always does but can) leave a 'residue of fatigue for a loooong time later. I'm not talking Long Covid here just the after effects. I know at least 3 people who had a very mild dose and are still talking a month and more later of feeling extremely tired.

Just a thought lads and lassies.

He did it have it back in the early days. I think him and Jesus missed all the Christmas fixtures not last year but the year before. No idea if he’s had it a second time though.

Generally speaking though, I think people jump too quickly to the age factor. A player over 30 has a bad game and everyone immediately claims it’s age catching up with them. A player under 20 has a bad game and it’s always because they’re inexperienced and naive. A player between 20 and 30 has a bad game and it’s… well they just had a bad game, it happens.

Phillips should deffo have come on when Maximilian was ripping our right side. If not then, why did we buy him? Pep and subs, jeez.
i have a feeling pep was just quite happy to stick with the players that got us back on level terms and were chasing the winner. Changing things up might have affected the momentum of the game at that point.

After our bright start we were completely overrun in Midfield and were desperately needing some extra bodies in legs and energy in there.
Gundogan is obviously a class act but didn’t offer any help or protection for the back four or for Rodri…..should have moved Bernardo to there or brought Phillips on.
Foden was poor….but not sure he had the right angle to square for Haarland.
The fullbacks were awful yesterday….Cancelo gave the ball away so many times especially in the first half and in dangerous positions and Stones looked so ponderous on the ball….and gave away a stupid free kick which led to their goal.
Still we still nearly won it in the end and you have to credit Newcastle.

i have a feeling pep was just quite happy to stick with the players that got us back on level terms and were chasing the winner. Changing things up might have affected the momentum of the game at that point.
That was the feeling I got too, once our third went in, I never thought it would be anyone other than us that got a 4th, geordies were gassed at that point. Probably didnt want to break the momentum.

Phillips should deffo have come on when Maximilian was ripping our right side. If not then, why did we buy him? Pep and subs, jeez.
Of course pep is a genius and he has his reasons , but he argues for five subs, we buy Philips and others and he doesn’t use anyone, I know we fought back but it must frustrate these players to not get any minutes

After our bright start we were completely overrun in Midfield and were desperately needing some extra bodies in legs and energy in there.
Gundogan is obviously a class act but didn’t offer any help or protection for the back four or for Rodri…..should have moved Bernardo to there or brought Phillips on.
Foden was poor….but not sure he had the right angle to square for Haarland.
The fullbacks were awful yesterday….Cancelo gave the ball away so many times especially in the first half and in dangerous positions and Stones looked so ponderous on the ball….and gave away a stupid free kick which led to their goal.
Still we still nearly won it in the end and you have to credit Newcastle.
Agree with all that gaz , but Foden should of played Haaland in imo

View attachment 53462
Dead square? Not back at all? Erm.....

Yes probably best to agree to disagree on that one

It's simple

Early days with Haaland and the other city players, it will come when the penny drops
I don't mind Foden going for goal, I like that sort of thing, it shows you are winners and want it badly enough and big enough to take it on

best thing about yesterday was the fight in this team
we are champions, retaining title winners and this team hate losing, we could have just said fuck it the game gone it's not our day move on, BUT no we wanted the 3 points and could have taken them if not for some good goalkeeper and a bit of luck

In the cold light of day we rescued a point in glorious fashion and had them hanging on like a beaten boxer for the last half an hour.
judging by the Guardians fawning over the Geordie fat lads it completely blows the myth of the sportswashing narrative. It’s City they don’t like or should I say hate, because we have no right to deprive the red shirts of their god given right to trophies.
well fuckem we ain’t going anywhere, already looking forward to Palace on Saturday, we owe them twats a good twatting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.