Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

When I used to play my manager always used to say it would take 5/6 weeks into the season before everything is firing on all cylinders.
My manager used to say if I played for fifty or sixty years, I’d never be firing on any cylinders at all.

I think that we should of taken part in the dark arts Fern style a tad more. We could have brought Sam Max down a few times before he got into his saunter.

I’ve no idea if he has or hasn’t EB, although I get where you’re coming from as it took me a good while to get over my second bout of Covid, but this is different and shows classic signs of aged related decline in sporting prowess/performance like I’ve mentioned above.
A big sign also last season for me was Kyle going up and down the flanks both defensively and offensively at lung bursting speed, sooo used to him having amazing/elite recuperative/recovery abilities no matter how many times he did it in quick succession, his level barely dropped, then, he did about 3 sprints (6 in total) in one game and he was done.

Have a read up on VO2max and how it affects endurance of athletes when they age EB if you get the time.
Maybe it's just age and injury catching up with him, it often happens quickly with footballers, especially when it comes to pace.

I assume Pep made some adjustments at HT, pity they didn't get effective until the early third goal, but Stones needed to show more composure. Stones needs more game time, hence why he started, and was somewhat unfortunate to have to keep dealing with ASM's pace.

The eternal problem City face is that they play an attacking game and it is susceptible to counter attack. Pep is constantly trying to solve that issue without resorting to having the team sit back more.

It's a trade-off and nothing is perfect but ultimately I feel we win more games this way and lose more but don't actually draw many and end up with more points (that's why Liverpool can lose less but finish behind us) so the formula is a good one.
Well he did and he didn't. Kyle was still spending a lot of time in MF even in the second half, but Bernardo and Foden played slightly deeper and Rodri regained consciousness. Still Saint-Maximin had a field day and he was destroying as at will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.