Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Foden's even greedier than Mahrez. I wouldn't mind though if his shots actually hit the back of the net.

To be fair it was certainly an entertaining game, particularly for the neutrals. If Newcastle could perform like that every week, they could nick a top 4 position. Howe is a very good manager and had them well rehearsed for this one. The freedom they had to attack from out wide made it easier for them and I don’t think that pushing Cancello and Walker forward, and inside, did us any favours. Couldn’t understand why Pep didn’t change something there. The biggest positive for me was the mental strength shown by the players to get the draw from the position and atmosphere they were in. As many have already said, Harland is an absolute beast and will do a fantastic job for us. Our supporters were fantastic. On to next league game on Saturday, lets get behind the lads to help them secure 3 points.
Totally agree with your post and yes the fans were our twelfth man. Loud and proud all match long

The Mag vermin are celebrating as if they won.
When we, Safc, were 3-1 and 2-1 up at your place and only got draws I was gutted.

now, now graham. we're celebrating the transformation in form and playing style since howe took over from the bacon muncher. it was nice to witness a fantastic game of football from two teams rather than watch the usual mauling off these lads.
anyway, you don't need to worry about being gutted for a long time to come, you and your rabble will be stinking out the 2nd division for far longer than you did the 3rd.
take it easy, my diminutive jaffa friend!
:)

The Mag vermin are celebrating as if they won.
When we, Safc, were 3-1 and 2-1 up at your place and only got draws I was gutted.
We're not celebrating like we’ve won, we drew and we're happy about that because of our terrible record against Man City. We’re improving and results like Sunday can give us hope that we’re going in the right direction.

Every non City fan and Pundit now saying its not a red would not say the same if their star man is taken out like that.

Micah said when he first saw it he thought Red yet when he saw the slow downed replay and where he caught KDB then a yellow was right!

I didn't see it live but heard it described as a "trip" a fucking trip!

For me it's a Red all day long, just look at Trippiers face, he looks right at Kev and thinks i'm stopping him, it's only pure luck that Kev wasn't hurt. A foot at knee height when Kevs at full pelt is fuckin dangerous.

Kyle Walker doing that to Maximus :-) yesterday it ain't getting overturned.

I think the opposite of Micah - thought it was a yellow at first, but after the replays changed my mind to red. I think it's even more damning when you see it from the front angle.

I think the opposite of Micah - thought it was a yellow at first, but after the replays changed my mind to red. I think it's even more damning when you see it from the front angle.
Just watched the replay of this game and I’m amazed the decision was overturned. Trippier was flying with both feet off the ground and made contact around knee high or a bit above.

Like you said, it looks worse the more you see it on the replays. Really odd that VAR sees that and thinks that is obviously an error and the ref needs to look at it again. I honestly think the ref must’ve been thinking “why are they asking me to change this - it’s clearly a red?”.

Just watched the replay of this game and I’m amazed the decision was overturned. Trippier was flying with both feet off the ground and made contact around knee high or a bit above.

Like you said, it looks worse the more you see it on the replays. Really odd that VAR sees that and thinks that is obviously an error and the ref needs to look at it again. I honestly think the ref must’ve been thinking “why are they asking me to change this - it’s clearly a red?”.
Odd?

After all this time you still think it odd that VAR sees stuff against City differently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.