Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

From my look in real time it didn’t appear two footed nor off the ground nor out of control nor did he make serious contact with the studs which is why I was surprised in real time. I don’t get the two footed part even after the replay. “Out of control” is a judgement call. Off the ground he was as he was knee high.
So if he was off the ground then it’s a two footed challenge surely. Did Trippier have one leg grounded while he made the challenge?

Some thoughts:

- We win that game if Laporte and Grealish are healthy.

- Don't want to reminisce about players not here but it was the perfect game for Zinchenko. Someone who can keep and move the ball at a high rate.

- While Gundo scored, it was quickly apparent that he didn't suit that type of game.

- Foden needs to step it up. People will talk about him not passing to Erling but overall he just hasn't been good enough.

- Still had a really good chance to win. Missed some chances and just poor errors overall.

- Walker and Stones will improve, I think. Both looked super rusty.

A shit weekend has just turned into a positive one with nothing worse than a missed opportunity thanks to United. Happy days. Liverpool will smack Bournemouth this weekend though so time to up our game and keep that gap.

I've been thinking about one moment since the match ended; "that pass".

That was classic KDB and we've not seen that ambitious creativity for a few years. Such crazy vision and daring!

He's started like a house on fire and I feel like he's turning back the clock, happier in his new role in driving the team.

I'm buzzed for this season and hope he stays fit.

That was classic KDB and we've not seen that ambitious creativity for a few years. Such crazy vision and daring!

He's started like a house on fire and I feel like he's turning back the clock, happier in his new role in driving the team.

He literally nutmegged a professional footballer from 5 metres

So if he was off the ground then it’s a two footed challenge surely. Did Trippier have one leg grounded while he made the challenge?
When I think "two-footed" I think "jumping" -- going in with both feet, with the feet parallel or worse the legs parallel and the studs making first contact. I haven't looked at a replay since yesterday, but my recollection is he went into Kev with one foot high and the other trailing behind, and with the extended foot studs down when he made initial contact.

I'm not arguing this point vehemently, mind. I can see an argument for a red; I just find the argument for a yellow more compelling and it comports with what I thought watching it in real time. Watching the replay yesterday perhaps strengthened the case for a red (I remember thinking "Well, MAYbe . . . "), but I still thought and think the right call was yellow.

Maybe orange was the right call :)

I agree with your thoughts but....The World Cup.

KDB's last hurrah in international football, he will want to be in peak shape in that, it's a worry what he will be like afterwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.