Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

If you get the opportunity, watch this back calmly, without partisanship, as a football fan rather than a City fan. What you have is a magnificent match of football, with two teams going at it with total commitment and a considerable measure of skill, each having its period. For hundreds of thousands watching round the world, it was a credit to the PL, what the PL is all about. And what sets it apart from la Liga, the Bundesliga, la Ligue 1, and the Serie A.

If you get the opportunity, watch this back calmly, without partisanship, as a football fan rather than a City fan. What you have is a magnificent match of football, with two teams going at it with total commitment and a considerable measure of skill, each having its period. For hundreds of thousands watching round the world, it was a credit to the PL, what the PL is all about. And what sets it apart from la Liga, the Bundesliga, la Ligue 1, and the Serie A.
A lot more than hundreds of thousands, a total of 4.7 billion viewers of last seasons Premier League, about 150 games were broadcast live, equates to an average of around 30m per match, 188 of 193 countries in the world broadcast Premier League games.

we are far too honest .
Kev should have stayed down whilst rolling about clutching his knee. call for a stretcher before bravely waving it away once the red card had been fully carried through .
if VAR is going to cheat so should we.

we are far too honest .
Kev should have stayed down whilst rolling about clutching his knee. call for a stretcher before bravely waving it away once the red card had been fully carried through .
We are about as sportsmanlike as a prem team can get. Look at the Rags, who look even worse under Tent Pegging, Arsenal, Spurs etc, cheats of the hugest order

we are far too honest .

I'd much rather have us this way.

The one player who dived — and this is not part of the general pile-on on him that I deplore on this forum, it was just undeniably something that he did — has now left.

We are about as sportsmanlike as a prem team can get. Look at the Rags, who look even worse under Tent Pegging, Arsenal, Spurs etc, cheats of the hugest order
I’m sure I saw zinchenko telling off one of his new colleagues for foul play against Bournemouth the other day. Fairness must be baked into them.

Some thoughts:

- We win that game if Laporte and Grealish are healthy.

- Don't want to reminisce about players not here but it was the perfect game for Zinchenko. Someone who can keep and move the ball at a high rate.

- While Gundo scored, it was quickly apparent that he didn't suit that type of game.

- Foden needs to step it up. People will talk about him not passing to Erling but overall he just hasn't been good enough.

- Still had a really good chance to win. Missed some chances and just poor errors overall.

- Walker and Stones will improve, I think. Both looked super rusty.
Lol

The positive I took away from that game is now we have the goal scores and actual conversion to turn these sorts of games into a point or three.

Im not too upset with the dropping of two points, it just seems like one of those years! Reckon we'll still romp it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.