Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

First half was unacceptable, getting outrun and outfought is the worst offense in this league.

The fightback 2nd half was great as Newcastle tired and could've been a victory even if Haaland had finished better or maybe Pep had put on attacking subs around 70 min when we began running out of steam.

Overall I'll take the draw after that horror show of 1st half.

Point gained definitely.

They’ll do the Dippers there with their 40 year old midfield and that clown they’ve got at right back.

Fair play to Newcastle. We only switched on in the last 30 minutes of the game. We could have won it but its a fair result

Haaland is getting more and more into the game and soon will become unstoppable. He hit the bar and missed a one on one. With time these will go in!

I think this is a good walk up call for our players and maybe Pep to try and work out the defense against high pressing teams.

All in all the game was good and open and fair result for both teams.

Well bellow our best.

Started well but completely lost our way and looked quite lethargic at times. I'm not sure having Walker play the inverted role when up against a speedy, skilful winger was a good idea. It gave them an easy out ball and lots of space to attack. It also meant our CBs didn't have the easy pass to the FB when under pressure. That formation just wasn't really suited to the way the game developed.

We only really woke up after going 3-1 down. Played quite well after that but just couldn't quite get the winner.

Looking at the chances we had, it is a game that we should have won but also could have quite easily lost.

Overall can't really complain about only getting the point.

Bloody minded again. No subs. Trying to prove his point to the point of loosing again. Glad it only happens occasionally. I'd bench Phil for a few games.
I didn't think anyone looked that tired in the second half.

Pep was never going to take put Riyad on the right with Saint-Maximin against Walker. Alvarez isn't going to come on for Haaland and he's not ready to play out wide. Phillips is only half fit.

I tend to get annoyed at Pep R.E. subs, but I can't complain too much today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.