Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

“Awkward position?” He’s the ACTUAL ref, and he saw it….and then he bottled it!!!

Should have simply said “Yep, a knee high challenge on sprinting player, go take a shower!”

IF it had been studs up, they’d have had to stretcher KDB off! Is THAT the threshold now???

Maybe, as an old centre forward, I’m a little biased, but shit like that CAN BE season/career ending if he catches you a second earlier/later/higher/lower or you fall badly.

We all love the speed and physicality of the Premier League, and we know the refs have been told not to cut the physicality out of the game if it’s “fair,” but there were numerous professional fouls today (they used to be a red!) but that one stood out for crossing the line…for me. It wasn’t a trip or a shirt pull, but remember last week, when a hair pull came with demands for a “red card for violent conduct”? That Trippier tackle was waaaay more violent than the hair pull!!!

If the ref was right why the hell did VAR talk to him to look at the screen. VAR was saying to him ' you have got it wrong ' . VAR put the ref under unfair pressure

PS I thought it was a red

Posted at 18:1718:17

Get Involved​

#bbcfootball or 81111 on text (UK only - standard message rate applies)
David: Inconsistent VAR strikes again. Trippier incident identical to Allan sending off against Newcastle last season. One saw straight red, the other saw red and VAR review. Unbelievable.
View attachment 53457

The Ref got over ruled on something that was subjective and he saw with his own eyes and deemed to be a red. Hinchcliffe going on about Walker doing it, we would have been down to ten men the other way.

Biggest disappointment was that we couldn’t win to ram the vile SLY commentary and the big nose Judas BASTARDs shithouse words down their throats. I said beforehand Howe would send out his team to kick fuck out of City, he‘s been around the Premier League long enough to know it’s a free hit against City. The red card would have been harsh but it wasn’t a clear and obvious mistake. That said a point from a 1-3 position is still a good result. Thought Haaland and KDB were immense, as was Silva. Onwards and upwards!

Great game of football, Newcastle really look like more than a decent side and would be a difficult away trip for any side. Some thoughts:

1:City and Haaland would require about 10 games to develop a mechanism of sorts which is best for the club, after playing for so long without the striker, players need time to getting used to playing with one, they need to trust Haaland with the ball rather than just looking for runs, he's good with the ball and the momentum shifted once he got more involved in the game.

2: The game was there for the taking but it's certainly a good point.

3: First time it felt that age is catching up with walker, this is not a criticism, he's stilk our best Rb but I've never seen walker getting dominated as he did, i felt they're was a case of cancelo switching to Rb and Sergio coming on.

4: Pressure got to Ref

Don't see how the red card was rescinded.
Not a clear and obvious error as Tripper was airborne and it was a too footed challenge.
It was the right result as he clearly slowed down and tried to pull out doing little damage - but he was airborne and it was two footed so it wasn't an obvious error.
EDIT: By this I mean he was airborne when he made the challenge both feet off the ground. Though he only hit De Bruyne near the knee with one foot. Surely that is out of control?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.