Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Inverted FB's work against teams who play a flat back 9, surprisingly Newcastle didn't.

Aké going off buggered us up with on TV it looked like the rest of the half Gundog dropping deep which is never a good thing.

Phil poor again but coming back was very good, there was only one team praying for full time, the one with Pope in it.

Definite red card, reckless high on the knee at full pace, both feet off the ground. Kev's previous knee injuries and a good chance we were going to create a scoring opportunity. Surely if you're going to have the time to re look on the monitor the refs should consider all the facts in the phase of play not just the reckless challenge, for me it's a clear red card. A world class player could've been crocked for the season.

Last edited:
The words “Off the floor” and “out of control” are not in the laws of the game when it comes to red card offence. They are phrases that shit pundits have been using for too long because they don’t know the laws of the game. You can be off the floor and out of control and it just be a free kick with no card shown.

There was no excessive force. The bullet point for a caution (yellow card) is exactly what Tripper’s offence was.
Tbh I didn’t think it was a red and would have pissed off had it been given against us .

Rodri was poor for 90% of that game and Foden looked out of sorts too.

We may need to buy a centre back if ake is gone for a month, Laporte won’t be back and Dias and stones aren’t there just yet. Surprising issue really.

Walker got mauled, absolutely mauled. Never thought I’d say that.

On a positive note Haaland was bang up for it and kdb and Cancelo looked class.

Definite red card, reckless high on the knee at full pace, both feet off the ground. Kev's previous knee injuries and a good chance we were going to create a scoring opportunity. Surely if you're going to have the time to re look on the monitor the refs consider all the facts in the phase of play not just the reckless challenge, for me it's a clear red card.
Yep, comes to something when City hater Castles calls it out.

It was their perceived cup final given the Arab rivalry thing, they played out their skins and lapped it up infront of their fans and the tv cameras.

I'm happy with that point given we were 3-1 down. I watched it in a bar in Turkey and believe me, the geordies in there were gutted at the final whistle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.