Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

As poor as we were for large parts of that game we should have won it. After we equalised we had Newcastle on the ropes but we just failed to put them away.

Just after the final whistle the camera picked up KDB and it was clear he was very pissed off. I think he knew that was two points lost.

On another topic I think Haaland is going to score a lot of goals for us but I do wonder how patient Pep is going to be with his low number of touches per game and general involvement. He isn’t really helping us defensively so we are effectively playing with ten men for large parts of the game. That’s not really Peps style.

Having calmed down from the stress of the actual game here's my take

We have these sort of games a couple of times a season and funnily enough we have at Newcastle before. We score early and dominate the game. We miss a couple of chances to increase our lead then bizarely implode. It's like we think it's too easy, relax and can't get our momentum back.

Key moments: 1: We had two excellent chances to go 3-0 up if Kev and Phil had just crossed the fucking ball instead of going for glory against a very good keeper from tight angles. Annoying!

2: Ake going off disrupted us much more than it should have done. When fit he is our main centre back.

3: Not stopping Saint-Maximin who was involved in all three goals. I know it's easier said than done but we had to try and man mark him.

4: The free kick, as good as it was. The wall just looked poor but Ederson has to trust it and get over the other side. If he gets done on the walls side fair enough.

We all feel relieved with a point after being 3-1 down but it's a game we should have won and with a bit of luck we would have. Haaland hitting the post at 2-1 and then his one on one with Pope. Again we fucked it up with selfish play at 1-0. Pep will rightly be livid as most of us are, the game turned on those two selfish decisions.

Now I'm already fretting about Palace breaking on us next week!

If this had been written pre game then it would still have been a bit of a hasty judgement but to sit down and write that nonsense just on the basis of an atypically indisciplined performance in an early season game away to buoyant and improving opponents is just knee jerk reaction bollocks.

I've thought it from game 1.

And I think anyone who thinks we've played at anything close to our best level at all this season is crazy. West Ham and Bournemouth were 65-75% at best.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.