Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Good point in the end although we did enough to win it.

Must admit I’m a little concerned about Kyle Walker. Usually mr dependable but today I have never seen him done for pace like this before. He had a bit of a torrid. Hopefully it’s just a temporary thing.

Bernardo did well. Haaland is outrageous. Gundogan struggled a little bit and I would have liked to have seen Phillips in there today instead. Foden was always a threat. Some nice touches and runs.
Stones and Rodri have had better games and hopefully it’s just feeling themselves into the season.
Gutted for Ake as would have liked to have seen him given a proper run in the side.

Definitely a red card. Anyone who has played the game knows that’s a c***s trick that sort of challenge.
The ref should have had some minerals and left it as a red. I think de Bruyne may have saved him there. Stay down a bit longer and have the physio on etc and I think it may stay red. Get up and give trippier a cuddle and suddenly it doesn’t seem all bad.

Take a point this early on in the season but will have to liven up for the next few games.

Seriously undervalued by the club it seems. The only person pushing Walker and Cancelo was supposed to be playing for Girona right now. We look thin all around.

Not just the fullbacks, who's pushing Foden? His form has been below his previous standard for most of 2022. Mahrez cannot play on the LW, Alvarez got our attention playing central or right, Palmer doesn't play there.

In fact not just who is pushing him, who replaces him if his form drops or he gets injured?

Few thoughts…

- Good point. Not many teams will win at SJP this season.
- Fucking weird how many times Sky mentioned the Grealish comment about Almiron- pathetic !
- Andy Hinchcliffe is a c**t
- KDB best midfielder in the world and it’s an embarrassment Given/Micah haven’t mentioned the assist from KDB for the equaliser. You literally won’t see a better pass all season.
- Pep interview was class.
The Kev pass made me make all sorts of noises

Nope. Way too long......

Don’t people see the problem with Rodri in games like these? When we have the ball with 70-80% possesion in games, he’s loving life. With time on his side and no pressure from the opposition, he could pick out anyone to pass to. But in games like these when they are closing him down, his weaknesses are shown very clearly. His defensive contributions are a problem. That’s always been my view.
Not saying this is on him, but Newcastle just sliced through our midfield today.
Thst why Maximun had a field day.. We were so harrued in CM they got the ball out wide to him when he had time to get it down and run. All the Walker jibes today result of CM being absolutely done for 65 mins. I am not sure Phillips will be goid enough on the ball but if he doesnt get sent off its games like today when he is nedded. Liverpool as well when Thiago's fit again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.