Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Newcastle are going to be a tough team to beat this season, Rag fans should be concerned after watching them today.

The question is , did the barcodes play well or did we play poorly ? , its the latter, our midfield and defence were miles off it for the majority of that game and we let Newcastle run at us at will , we lost control of the ball and the game.
Credit to the players for showing the spirit to spoil the Geordies day , and the last twenty minutes we abosolutely battered them , at 1-3 would have took a draw but in the end was disappointed we didnt win , we really turned the game around butPep must be fuming at the sloppiness of virtually every player.
It looked like the Barcodes players were doing a lap of honour at the end , going to all four corners of the stadium , glad we pissed on their chips in the end , could be a very valuable point at the end of these season
We showed why we are Champions today , we dont know when we are beaten.
Midfield was MIA for the last 30 mins of the 1st half. The defence was all over the show as a consequence.

no

We need Bernardo central in my opinion as his energy and ability in tight spaces is second to none in our teams..

We need to get the midfielders to get closer to each other in these situations while at the same time we could be utuiling Haaland more by trying the through ball quicker to stretch their team...you dont have to do it too often before an opposing defence will start to drop which then follows the midfielders will or we exploit the gaps between those two lines.

Of course you could also add Phillips in there if you wish as he is a more physical player than Gundo for instance.

Or keep the fullback wide and not tuck them in to spread the pitch

There are numerous options
I agree with Bernardo being central. He is at his best there.

I have. The square pass was definitely on. He had half a yard on the defender. We'll have to agree to disagree on it.
Foden is well fit to slot home from a tight angle however in the first few weeks, he could have squared twice to Haaland for tap-ins. I think at the point in the game today, it would have put us 2-0 and possibly closed out the match. Usually Phil's decision making is spot on

Given our recent slow starts I would have been happy with 7 points from 3 games before the season kicked off but this performance was frustrating in lots of ways.
It was obvious from early on that ASM was causing us issues so I am surprised we did not adapt earlier.

no

We need Bernardo central in my opinion as his energy and ability in tight spaces is second to none in our teams..

We need to get the midfielders to get closer to each other in these situations while at the same time we could be utuiling Haaland more by trying the through ball quicker to stretch their team...you dont have to do it too often before an opposing defence will start to drop which then follows the midfielders will or we exploit the gaps between those two lines.

Of course you could also add Phillips in there if you wish as he is a more physical player than Gundo for instance.

Or keep the fullback wide and not tuck them in to spread the pitch

There are numerous options
I must admit there is slight concern that when we have the below

One right footed fullback who isn't great at left back defending, one young lad who hasn't played and a decent defensive fullback we decide

To play the poor defensive Cancelo in midfield and make the good defensive fullback who lacks midfield abilities also play in midfield And also move our most energetic midfielder onto the bench or wide right.

Leaving kdb and gundog high up and Rodri isolated.

In certain games we really need Silva in his usual.position and another left back signing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.