Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Too many comments pointing the finger at VAR and the ref. We let ourselves down and I hope we address that tragic defence sooner rather than later. Only reason we weren’t exposed in the previous two games is because the opposition didn’t have the balls to play football. If I’m a team preparing to play City, I’m looking at that and thinking “the only we way we get a result is if we have a real go instead of sitting back”.

Lucky to get a point today. Ake, who we were close to selling a few weeks ago, looks our best defender at the minute. Hope he’s back next week.
I hope that’s the story of the season because we will win many many games

Just a thought… why wouldn’t Pep get some fresh legs in when Toon’s players were clearly knackered? It seems he doesn’t trust Grealish but I thought he could’ve given Dan Burn fits down the right flank for the last 10 or so. I felt we could’ve found the winner had Pep made a sub or two. Can’t be too unhappy with taking a point from being down 3-1 tho. Brilliant FK from Trippier. Newcastle are going to be a problem in the near future.
Grealish is injured and not in the squad today.

I think this iteration of the side might be the weakest since Pep built the 2017/18 side. The balance doesn’t feel good and we have no depth at all. The importance of the players that have left has been seriously undervalued by the fans IMO.

I still expect we’ll win the league because Liverpool don’t look up to it, but currently this side doesn’t get close to 17/18, 18/19 or 20/21 for me.
It was only 10 days ago you were predicting we were gonna get 95-100 points and win it at a canter being much better than anyone else…

Need Laporte back soonest.
Struggled with the pace of the game today.
New rules for the extra subs but not one used bar the injury is baffling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.