Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Despite an under par performance from us , Pope was man of the match , lost count of the number of saves he made , in comparison Ederson had little to do , we were not at the races today but their keeper still saved Newcastle from a real good hiding.
On a football media blackout at the moment but very much doubt the game will be portrayed as the Newcastle keeper saving their skins , it will all be about plucky Newcastle on the march to european football.

If the ref was right why the hell did VAR talk to him to look at the screen. VAR was saying to him ' you have got it wrong ' . VAR put the ref under unfair pressure

PS I thought it was a red
They talk. Ref MAY have said “Studs up on knee,” while VAR MAY have said “It’s not studs up, why don’t you have a look?”

From TV, ref clearly said something about the knee, so I ASSUME he changed his mind because it wasn’t bottom of the boot to the knee, which is a bit stupid in my mind as there was no chance it was the traditional “studs up” challenge.

In my mind, as someone with the scars to prove it, any full speed tackles above the ankle should be deemed serious foul play, unless they’re purely accidental or a split second late.

This was a reckless, high, professional foul that COULD have seriously damaged KDB in full flow.

Do you think he’d have changed his mind if the stretcher had come straight out for a bad knee injury? I don’t!

The ref gave a red initially - it could only be because he thought Trippier was out if control as he was airborne.
Yes, potentially.

It’s obviously a split decision pendent on your view.

I always try and look at it as ask myself if I would be unhappy if one of ours got sent off for that, and I would, so I thought yellow was the right call in the end.

Has anyone got a link to the highlights or at least the goals? Currently abroad and wasn’t able to watch the match. All the highlights I’ve found are blocked as I’m abroad. Thanks.

View attachment 53465
Just a thought, know the line up before you spout.
There's a good lad.
Mahrez then, it doesn’t matter the point still stands. I suppose Jackie is being saved for the midweek friendly. Pep used 1 sub due to injury and a few of the lads looked dead at the end. It was a game we could’ve easily taken 3 from, so no need to be c u next Tuesday son.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.