Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

After 1:0 lead , in the following 10mins we can finish this game, first Foden not passing to Haaland situation, then few mins after we had such a mess in front of theirs goal.. missunderstanding between Haaland and Gundo.. After that KDB shoot was happend...

Fair result would be 3-6

Always angry when we don’t win. Disappointing result but at least we fought back to get something out the game.

Need to be much better than we showed today though. Shite that.

I can rarely react quick enough to type about stuff when watching the match myself.

Still different strokes and all

Zaha vs Walker will be interesting.
Agreed if we get beat to second balls in CM and get harried out of possession, i think Walker was unfairly exposed today as we lost the ball a lot when we were set to move forward as a team...unlike us but our midfield got bullied today

Walker isn't a football player. He's a defender, likes his one v one's in a race, wins his tackles, likes a battle.
Him inverted in the midfield trying to do the Rodri role is like watching Alan Kernaghan taking the ball off Ikie Immel and his tits falling out.
Please pep,I know you've won a couple of things but Kyle ain't a baller.

And why wasn't Fernandinho on the bench?
Congrats to you lot for being hip to injury news that broke just before the game. Some brilliant football minds amongst yous. It’s not about who he did or didn’t play. Why have the world’s most expensive bench if you’re not gonna use it? Esp in an up and down game like that. Fook me.

I don't come on here to wind people up but I''ve seen some really sour grapes in here regarding the VAR decisions, maybe the people commenting will think differently if they watch the game again. The referee today should feel ashamed of himself getting so much wrong. Our first goal was never off-side and Trippier should never have been given a straight red, the tackle was with the top of his foot and was never going to cause a serious injury. I also thought that we could have had a penalty when Schar was brought down towards the end of the first half (I think it was then).

I'm more than happy to get a point from that game as you're easily the best team in the world and we've come a long way in a short space of time. I'm glad that you got the first goal and not us as I think we would have lost if we'd scored in the 5th minute.

Today was the first time that we’ve actually had a go at you for a long time. We played better at home to Forest but today was better when you consider the opposition in both games. In the end I thought that a point was well deserved, and a draw was a fair result. You can complain about some of your players maybe not being as good as others who could have started but we could say the same. Targett instead of Burn and the second and third goals possibly don’t happen because Burn was ball watching for both, that’s life we can all look at goals and pick fault but that’s football and not everybody is 100%.

Pope played well for us and that’s why we brought him in because he’s a huge upgrade for us and he’s shown that in the last two games. Saint-Maximin played as well as he did against Forest at home, probably slightly better, he’s’ changed his game slightly and is now passing instead of trying to do everything on his own. Joelinton put in a massive shift for us in midfield and Bruno had to take care once he got that early yellow and his game was reduced because of it.

We are much fitter under Howe, we could never have played like that under Bruce as the players were dead after 30 or 40 minutes after him and we have a game plan. We’ve only lost once at home since New Year and that was 0-1 against Liverpool so you not winning is not a massive surprise even though I thought that was the most likely result before the game.

I think both of our teams can and will get better as we play more games. Both teams are making massive changes. You’re getting used to Haarland who will be a massive threat to any team once you get the best out of him and we are learning to play more in the face of the opposition and not being so passive.

We set up to have a go and deserved a point. You can see how much further we need to go with bringing in better players as our substitutions came on and offered absolutely nothing. Maybe the entertainers are on their way back, at least I hope so because we’ve been garbage for so long. I would love to see us sign Paqueta as he would give us that extra quality up front and he works really, really well with Bruno as they can read each other’s game so well and he (Paqueta) has not been the same player since we signed Bruno from Lyon. I don’t know if anybody on here watches Brazil, the game against Bolivia will help you understand what I mean by them playing so well together when they assisted each other’s goals by simply knowing their game so well. They played together for Lyon and could always find each other as they knew exactly what runs each other made.

Lastly, you’ll still win the league although you shouldn’t expect us to help you out against Liverpool without us making another couple of quality signings. Our first 11 is fine when everybody is fit, move away from the first 11 and we’re struggling, we need to replace some of our starting 11 and get them onto the bench.

God, I waffle on.

This was a reckless, high, professional foul that COULD have seriously damaged KDB in full flow.

Do you think he’d have changed his mind if the stretcher had come straight out for a bad knee injury? I don’t!
Agree with that. Had de Bruyne stayed down, Trippier would have walked. However, it was de Bruyne’s eagerness to get up, play football, and win the game that saw him rise to his feet. He embodies everything that is good about football, which is why it is so frustrating that the antithesis of what he stands for was rewarded.

There has been a pattern of dangerous tackles in the games against us, all inadequately punished, and I genuinely fear we’ll soon see someone sidelined for the season. It’s not a conspiracy against us, just that we have the most attacking ethos and move the ball more and tire opponents quicker. Sooner or later someone is going to come a cropper.

I agree but he was really slow on the ball and caught in possession.
You get caught in possession when your regular, well-trained outlets are nowhere to be found! Even Stones was pointing at players to move into position!

That said, I’m not glorifying a very average performance by Rodri, either.

Not firing on all cylinders yet and when the team is a bit more practiced in how to exploit Haaland it'll be a slight to behold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.