Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Great comeback, need to be positive - Magpies were well up for it.
This Foden not passing Haaland in is turning into a problem though.
I’d drop him for a bit.

Not in many years mate.

If I could just do a night perhaps I would. But one hit and three days later I’m blowing Russell Brand in an alleyway in Croydon. Not good.

Still say some fresh legs could’ve won us the game tho.
Ha ha have to admit the Russell Brand comment made me laugh.

Yeah you can have that one.

I thought we got stronger as the game went on.

Oh I know man. I thought with the added subs he might rethink that a bit.
Subs in a tight game is too risky for pep, it is hard to come on and match the frantic pace the game was played at...i can see his point, if that is the case, could risk losing a goal or two..

Sky put a graphic up about howes record since the 1st Jan - it was very impressive and only behind city and Liverpool -
Plenty of teams will drop points at SJP this year
We've done really well since we played your near neighbours just after Christmas (apart from Cambridge) when for the first time everything clicked, even if we only picked up a point. That was the game when I though we wouldn’t go down as is seemed to get through to the players what was expected of them and it was the first time we’d really played for a full 90 minutes without blowing out of our rears.

I love Ederson as he trier, and the players seem to like him. Good for the team, can pass a ball, although i think the ability to chip a ball to an advanced full back to chest down is overrated... his shot stopping % i imagine is fairly low - good job we usually have most of the ball, particularly at home...seems harsh but for a top class keeper, when the opposition attack i instantly think goal here...used to be so confident with Corrigan, until shoulder injury hampered him and have the same feelings now as i had at big Joe's last season or two
As a pure shot-stopper on the goal-line he is just above average at best, but take into consideration all other attributes that make a modern goalkeeper and he is one of the best.

Subs in a tight game is too risky for pep, it is hard to come on and match the frantic pace the game was played at...i can see his point, if that is the case, could risk losing a goal or two..
Up until about 80’ I would agree. Then we got them back on their heels a bit.

When you fly in with both feet off the ground you are in the lap of the gods. It's only how the opposing players weight or angle of leg is facing that gets you out of ending his career. You are out of control. The person you are tackling isn't.
I never moan about ref's some are good some are bad, go on RAWK and its a horrendous conspiracy against them! BUT i have seen a lot of reds given for Trippier's challenge, slow motion even worse, freeze frame as they ref saw on the monitor, looked out of control lunge, both feet were off the ground. Many reds given with NO VAR checks for that type of challenge

As a pure shot-stopper on the goal-line he is just above average at best, but take into consideration all other attributes that make a modern goalkeeper and he is one of the best.
Possibly but its a bit disappointing when it seems like most shots on target have a good chance of going in..i may be harsh, i might track it for a few months to see if my eyes and gut feelings are deceiving me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.