Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

The biggest laugh is Pep wanting the five subs in for this season, then uses none bar for an enforced one. I don't get his thinking on subs, I really don't
We’d scored on 60 mins and 64 mins and were absolutely battering them for the first time in the game.

Why make a change when the balance had shifted in our favour anyway?

Mahrez was probably the first name you’d bring on to change something, from that bench… and it just so happened Bernado was already in his position doing very well.

7 points from a start with two tough away games is good. Only issue i have is Citys bench, think we will suffer this season compared to other teams as we dont have much strength in depth. Its a crazy schedule for top players this season and i hope i am proved wrong but we are i feel two players short to do what we want this season.

Possibly but its a bit disappointing when it seems like most shots on target have a good chance of going in..i may be harsh, i might track it for a few months to see if my eyes and gut feelings are deceiving me
He’s a good keeper with his hands. Nothing more.

He is however the best goalkeeper I’ve ever seen with his feet and given our system, the latter is enough to make up for the former.

Great game to watch, but we weren't ourselves for most of the first half and the start of the second half in that we were losing possession a bit too easy. Walker, Stones and Rodri were poor in the first 60 minutes, and Foden had another selfish brainfart.

We can't defend well when we don't control the ball long enough. It's that simple. Newcastle were pressing like mad and made it difficult for us, we lost our composure and were a bit too direct at times. Hope Foden realises his mistake. Has everything to be fantastic except for a cool head. Has enough time to mature and improve his decision making, though.

Thought Haaland was excellent and could have scored more. We are probably more stable in possession and defence with a false 9 or a presser like Jesus, but Haaland brings other things on the table. He's a proper predator and makes us better to watch.
Great game, CF brings a lot of pros and a lot of cons...KDB loves it as he can pass round corners.. but the rest of our team are built on tight one two's and carefully weighted cut backs to the penalty spot area ... or edge of area for another 1 - 2 ...Take some getting used to playing an early ball bending it round a full back. Mahrez can do that so may help from one side. The lad from Brighton (now Chelsea) also good at an early ball - could be a real miss that one

7 points from a start with two tough away games is good. Only issue i have is Citys bench, think we will suffer this season compared to other teams as we dont have much strength in depth. Its a crazy schedule for top players this season and i hope i am proved wrong but we are i feel two players short to do what we want this season.
Why don’t we?

Jesus and Sterling for Haaland and Alvarez, Philips for Fernandinho, Gomez for Zinchenko.

Which positions are we more short in now?

I think that Arsenal’s bench will be a bigger problem for them though.
Given the huge impact that Jesus has had , if he has to miss games then arsenal are pretty much back to where they were last season.

Why don’t we?

Jesus and Sterling for Haaland and Alvarez, Philips for Fernandinho, Gomez for Zinchenko.

Well thats the point, City have replaced one player in with another going without adding new depth to the squad. Just looking at the bench today and especially with the five subs rule i do not think we are equipped to take advantage of this.

Why don’t we?

I think we look a bit short given we have a World Cup in the middle of the season and the majority of our players will be in it. For me we should absolutely play more young players in the League Cup and FA Cup this year.

Watched on a different channel today and only just watched the Sky highlights.

The difference in commentary between them and us was laughable.

I know they want a good underdog story but they crossed into outright being disappointed when we equalised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.