Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Pep and fullbacks…….huge amount of money spent and still WTF.
I would love it, absolutely love it if we had 2 fullbacks who could defend really well and kick it into Row Z if required…….
Know that it’s not going to happen.
Good one

Agreed but clearly Pep thinks out full backs play in his unique way and can't see that changing anytime soon.

Walker can defend but Cancelo is incapable of it.
If Walker loses his pace, his demise could happen more quickly than people think. I’ll put it down to early season lack of sharpness but it wasn’t only St. Maximin who outran him yesterday. We won’t face that kind of intensity every week though.

If Walker loses his pace, his demise could happen more quickly than people think. I’ll put it down to early season lack of sharpness but it wasn’t only St. Maximin who outran him yesterday. We won’t face that kind of intensity every week though.
If Walkers pace has gone he is finished, simply not good enough reader of the game, his pace lets him get away with his common brain farts.

I’m glad we got a point, according to the highlights on the screen at St James Park we lost 3-0.

First half yesterday, after the first ten minutes was dogshit, only really Gundogan and Ake looked anything like on it - and then Ake went off. Rodri has the occasional game where he’s away with the fairies and this was one of them. But that was a game we could have lost, so take the point.

League’s all over the place, give it another half a dozen games and things will look alright. Arsenal look good but have had the most gentle set of fixtures anyone could hope for - and Fulham at home next week.

I thought Phillips should have come on to play alongside Rodri. We needed an extra midfielder to win back control of the game. It would have allowed our fullbacks to play in more conventional way.
No need we could’ve moved Bernie in there Foden was poor by his standards yesterday, Bernie is wasted on the right, ye I know he scored but his work rate in the middle was one of the things that pushed us last year. I’d have given Palmer a run on the right.
I think we were unlucky not to win yesterday , said to my da Newcastle would blow up 15-20 mins to the end and they did apart from a slight threat on the counter they were fucked, if it wasn’t for Pope we’d have score a few more.

Exactly. Not a clear and obvious error so VAR should not have intervened

What annoys me the most is that that whole kerfuffle clearly stopped our momentum in its tracks. We had entirely seized the initiative. I believe that if the red card hadn't been given in the first place, and the ref had just got on with it with a yellow and a kick, we would have gone on to score. Newcastle were completely out of gas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.