Newcastle United (a) pre-match thread

Newcastle United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop pissing about now with this Fernandinho at the back shit and get him back in midfield pronto.

If we have to gamble on Otamendi or Garcia then so be it.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Otamendi or Garcia (The latter preferably)
Mendy (Last chance saloon)
Fernandinho
KDB
B Silva
Mahrez
Jesus
Sterling
I agree with Fernandinho as a DM as he is way more experienced than Rodri is right now. He will shield a nervy Stones and hopefully Garcia. Stones and Otamendi are a car crash waiting to happen, so I'd try Garcia with Stones. As for Mendy he is slowly getting up to speed but looks a little slow and clumsy passing at the moment. He has the rest of the season to stay fit and prove he's our best LB. Last chance saloon indeed.

Or that young highly rated Spanish centre back we have who’s never looked out of place when he’s played
A young Cannavaro in my eyes. Mr Guardiola obviously knows something we don't and I trust the guy implicitly so only time will tell whether he's to be a fixture in the future.

Yep, agree with most of that. Really feels like he should change things around on Saturday, but I’m not convinced he will. There will be rotation, of course, with Walker, Stones, Mendy, Silva and Mahrez all likely to return to the starting XI. Don’t think he’ll address the elephant in the room though, which is the giant hole in midfield that has been created by playing Fernandinho at centre half.
I'm not too sure about that. In Guardiola's first season he was a permanent fixture at CDM and yet, the defence was still badly exposed on a number of occasions and thus, fourth place. In my humble opinion, I think there's a number of variables such as VAR-PGMOL and the psychological implications of it, Sane and Laporte injured, "bedding in" Rodri and Cancelo and the media smear campaign. Alas, there's light at the end of the tunnel. It's November, the head of UEFA was a guest at the club last night, the half a billion deal today and the fact that the scousers are notorious bottlers.

Yeah, you may well be right. Think he’s invested a fair bit of time on the training pitch getting Fernandinho to play as a centre-half which makes sense, given his age, and can’t see him reverting for a short-term fix. Shame though, as he’s still comfortably our best holding midfielder. Pity we can’t clone him.
"I think Fernandinho can play in 10 positions," Pep Guardiola
Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/fernandinho-can-play-10-positions-guardiola#8s1euYPZhE68rz0m.99

We need to give Sterling a rest for this one. His body might be OK but his mind is not there anymore. We will need him fresh for the big three December games.
Feel the same applies for Bernardo. Last night, he looked a pale shadow of the footballer we all saw before the ludicrous charge of being a racist.

Fatty Moss
Blind Pew on VAR

Live on BT Sport.

Elephant man potentially joining the sack race.

It's got a dodgy as fuck Barcodes win all over it.
Yep but hope springs eternal.

Yep but hope springs eternal.
Yep.

:)

Walker can play CB. Doesnt Pep trust a trio of Kyle/Oti/Stones with Mendy and Cancelo as wing backs to put Dinho back in the middle?

Think I've just answered my own question.

I'm not too sure about that. In Guardiola's first season he was a permanent fixture at CDM and yet, the defence was still badly exposed on a number of occasions and thus, fourth place. In my humble opinion, I think there's a number of variables such as VAR-PGMOL and the psychological implications of it, Sane and Laporte injured, "bedding in" Rodri and Cancelo and the media smear campaign. Alas, there's light at the end of the tunnel. It's November, the head of UEFA was a guest at the club last night, the half a billion deal today and the fact that the scousers are notorious bottlers.
First season
4 fullbacks over 30
Yaya over the hill
Pep instilling his way to play so mistakes along the way

Fatty Moss
Blind Pew on VAR

Live on BT Sport.

Elephant man potentially joining the sack race.

It's got a dodgy as fuck Barcodes win all over it.
How many times have we had the blind man involved this season? seems a lot,wasn't he var for the chavs game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.